veiled breeding - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-06-2005, 06:25 PM   #1
SDsurfRider
veiled breeding

What would be the best situation to introduce the chams for breeding? I just tried putting her into his, she stayed calm but he got terretorial, head butting her. Would she get terretorial if i put him into her cage, or should i put them into a mutually unfamiliar "breeding" cage?

Old 06-08-2005, 08:29 PM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
I place my female in the males cage, the head butting I haven't seen. I have seen the male blow up his body, get intensely colored and head bob, then he soon mated the female.

That may be a form of mating for you male, how old is he? Was he agressive to her or just getting in her face?

Also how old is she, was she freaked by his butting her in the head?

When I mated my veileds, I just stayed in the room and watched them to make sure no one was mean or changed their mind, that way I could easily take her out if needed.

Old 06-08-2005, 10:48 PM   #3
SDsurfRider
well he huffed and puffed then went over and head butted her in the side, so i grabbed him and then took her out, she turned black when this happened. He is about 9months she is about a year. I tried it again, but saw the signs of aggression in them, arms lifted tail curling and uncurling.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:25 PM   #4
gcsreptiles
The mating process will be aggressive. Introduce the female into the males enclosure . The head butting and aggressive behavior from the male is normal (as long as he isn't too aggressive, really trying to hurt the female). If your female is ready to breed she will be submit to him, staying green in color and try crouching down and moving away. If she is not ready, she will gape, hiss, turn black and try fighting the male if he gets too close. Remove her immediately if she is not ready. Good luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!