Wanted: Inverts for high school arthropod zoo - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > Insects and Arachnids For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Insects and Arachnids For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
Raventears
Lightbulb Wanted: Inverts for high school arthropod zoo

Hello, I am a teacher at Canutillo HS in El Paso, TX and I teach Entomology within the AgScience department. I am looking for possible donations or discounts to help me build up our meager invert. zoo so my students can see a variety of arthropods in person. Most of my students are low-income and to have a pet at home usually does not happen. I am finding that our bug pets help them find a whole new respect for life and sense of responsibility. If you have any ideas of ways I can build our invert zoo without aggregious costs (I have no budget with which to buy things this year and may not for some time to come so it all comes out of my pocket, which is stretched thin as it is). Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! THanks a million for your time!
Raventears
-CHS Horticulture/Entomology teacher
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-29-2007, 07:38 AM   #2
John Apple
I will send ya
1 b vagans
1 lasiodora parahybana
a few B giganteus[Chinese cave roaches]
discoid roaches
H gigas [large African tarantula]
All are juvie tarantulas around an inch or just under. You pay the shipping collect [around 20-30] and they are yours

Old 01-29-2007, 07:47 AM   #3
texasnewbie
That really nice of you John, tried to give you good Karma but apparently I must spread it out more first

Old 01-29-2007, 08:46 AM   #4
Clay Davenport
I don't have much in the way of inverts, but if you don't have any, Madagascar Hissing roaches are always good classroom subjects. Easily held, reproduce well, and have some interesting behaviors.

If you don't have any already, and want some, PM me your address and I'll send you a group as soon as the weather breaks here.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:58 AM   #5
Cat_72
John, Clay......you guys rock.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:05 AM   #6
John Apple
While I sit here and think about it
I also have lobster roaches and some baby olive keeled flairock scorps that I'll throw in . I am sure there is more at home.

Cmon folks this is for the kids

Old 01-29-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
Raventears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport
I don't have much in the way of inverts, but if you don't have any, Madagascar Hissing roaches are always good classroom subjects. Easily held, reproduce well, and have some interesting behaviors.

If you don't have any already, and want some, PM me your address and I'll send you a group as soon as the weather breaks here.
Thanks a million! I have some hissers already, but with a few tarantulas coming in I could use more to ensure my colony gets up to a good start. I can pay shiping if you want,let me know what to do from here!
Keeley
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-29-2007, 01:10 PM   #8
John Apple
Keely
send me your address and I'll UPS or FedEx a box out to ya MOnday. Whichever is cheeper for collect, should be 20-30 bucks
Anything else I can do to help just ask.
Apple

Old 01-29-2007, 09:59 PM   #9
SoulSmilen
Hi Keeley,

I can throw some inverts your way, as well; can you give us an idea of what you do have so we can narrow down more that would work well for you and give you a variety?

Old 01-29-2007, 10:45 PM   #10
Raventears
Please forgive this post, but I just have to say thank you. You guys are the greatest!!! I am sooo glad I found this site. I hope one day I can pay you all back somehow for your generosity...you are all angels to me, helping me make even more of a difference in these kids lives. Please know that I appreciate you all greatly and all your support and help but so do about a hundred students who will benefit tenfold from your generosity.
Keeley
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread