Jodi L Aherns Ground Gecko Freak good guy! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-07-2003, 11:29 AM   #1
veronica
Thumbs up Jodi L Aherns Ground Gecko Freak good guy!

A few weeks ago I bought a beautiful stripe het amel. African fat tail from Jodi L Aherns Ground Gecko Freak.
I just wanted to say that he was wonderful to deal with. He called me to tell me what he had in stock and his prices and even shared some breeding and incubation tips with me as I'm just a collector and this is my first season breeding. He even put up with my kids fighting in the background over who would hold the AFT's next.
He was willing to accept partial payments on a payment plan if I needed to do so but as it turned out that was not necessary.. he also understood when I had an emergency plumbing problem at the house and had to put off sending him the money for a week.
He said to me plumbing emergencies are more important. don't worry about it. I will always have some aft's available.
He was very sweet and not at all pushy. He didn't try to get me to buy any of his other animals just told me about the ones I was interested in.
Although he didn't have photos of his animals to send me I was truly convinced by his phone manners and e-mail's that he was a guy to be trusted and I took him on his word. Needless to say the baby I got was even prettier than he described... is a gorgeous orange color and is very healthy.
Packaging was great. She was shipped UPS and was at my door before 10am as promised. The box was VERY!!!! well marked with the words.... "live harmless baby gecko" all over the box in red ink. Even an idiot couldn't miss all those markings She was very allert when I opened the box and the heat pack was still warm.
Thank you again Jodi for the beautiful baby AFT and I look forward to purchasing more from you as soon as my budget allows.

Old 04-07-2003, 01:12 PM   #2
gcsreptiles
Jodi is one of the most honest, knowlegable, trustworthy and kindest people I know (though you wouldn't be able to tell it by looking at him ). His animals are top notch and he will always be totally honest with you and answer any questions you have. I saw him yesterday at the NHS Reptile Breeders Expo in Omaha, Nebraska and had a few good talks with him. Anyhow, if you ever want anything from Jodi you won't have to worry because you will get what you pay for and probably a whole lot more. I would highly recommend Jodi for any of your ground gecko needs. A++++++++++

Old 04-07-2003, 01:24 PM   #3
Mark Schmidtke
Thumbs up I'll second that. Very good guy.

I've purchased Viper geckos and Double Het Leopard Geckos from Jodi and have never been disappointed. The animals were alway very healthy and better looking then I expected. He has alway been very friendly and helpful with any questions I've had both before AND after the sale. I will definatly e giving him my future lizard business.

Mark

Old 10-17-2003, 11:04 PM   #4
martyc33
Thumbs up I will add my two cents!

I bought 6 geckos from him last month and am nothing but happy with them. I was able to talk with him at a show in Iowa and he is very knowledgable about geckos and was nice to deal with.

Old 10-18-2003, 02:24 AM   #5
ibabamba
Could you expect anything less from Jodi? I think not....

~Aaron

Old 10-18-2003, 11:19 AM   #6
LeosAnonymous
Jodi saw an old inquiry I posted on the BOI and actually called me up out of the blue to tell me his experiences long distace... a very nice thing to do.

We had a nice long chat about our animals, business dealings, projects, etc... overall a very nice conversation.

While we have never done business, he's a good guy in my book.

Thanks again for that phone call Jodi.

Old 10-18-2003, 11:23 AM   #7
Mickey_TLK
I will happily add to the praises of Jodi Aherns. He is a stend up guys, with great animals, and as mentioned before very knowladgeable.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles
402-934-9906

Old 10-18-2003, 12:01 PM   #8
ibabamba
Aside from business dealings with him, I have called him twice and talked for well over an hour-even causing him to stay up past his bed time and that was before I dealt with him at all. Very friendly and knowledgeable guy.

~Aaron

Old 10-18-2003, 12:06 PM   #9
ibabamba
Sorry, had a typo in my last post and it won't let me edit.

.....dealt with him at all.

should be:

......purchased or traded anything with him.

Old 10-20-2003, 01:37 AM   #10
Jodi L Aherns
Thank you ALL for the nice words.I am a little wiped out right now just got home from a show,but thank you all.Hope to do more deals soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!