Bad Guy Beware of "Exotic Aquatics and Pets" in Kendallville, Indiana! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Midnight Serpents
Thumbs down Beware of "Exotic Aquatics and Pets" in Kendallville, Indiana!

BEWARE of Exotic Aquatics and Pets in Kendallville, Indiana.

I and many others have been aware of the conditions this local pet store is in. I have come here to make it even harder for them to avoid what everyone sees. They are ignoring everyone's attempt to straighten up their store before they lose business online as well as from many locals.

Many people have privately contacted me with information they know about the store. I will quote all I have heard and even prove through many photos of what is going on.

This all started back in July. Around the week of July 15th, I had went into the store for some f/t mice. I went downstairs and I instantly was repelled by the sites of the animals care. I made a post on Facebook and many others jumped in. It got to the main owner and the store became clean real quick. After everything settled down and grew silent. I was contacted just a few days ago on the conditions again. I have photos to prove it all.
They lack care but thrive for money. They only do something when a group of people notice. Now what will happen if the web and even more locals notice? Shall we find out?

- A local breeder was posting her 2 month old non-feeder corns for sale on a reptile group within Facebook. She was selling them as a group at a cheap price and clearly listed them as rescues or kind snake food. This pet store jumped right in and grabbed them. I was told that they had been posted on many other reptile groups for sale and on their online store. They even had some in the shop. I witnessed the two in the shop, they were not ready as their quality was poor due to them not eating right.

- A trusted friend called me up September 3rd or 4th and stated that they had seen a dead leopard gecko with shed stuck to it in with another leopard gecko. To back this up I had a local go check and they said they couldn't see it but it was either in really bad shape or it was dead.

These photos below are from July 15th.
Lack of water and cleanness.

There were about 3 tortoises in this small square corner. It did not take a day to make it look this dirty, it had to have been weeks.
(07/15/12)

This snake was showing signs of mouth rot. The enclosure is chaos.
(07/15/12)

Housing of Bearded Dragons. I witnessed them begging for attention just walking by.
(07/15/12)

No water and sheds still in cages.
(07/15/12)

So after they took notice and cleaned up. We were all impressed to see the change and was hoping that it would get better. It was quoted to have seen them scrubbing tanks and fish tanks, cleaning up the floors, and even quarantining the animals in need.
September 4th rolls by and it's back how it was.

These photos below are from September 4th.
Once again, lack of water, and cleanness..including a carcass.

A dead frog in a water bowl. There were other frogs in the enclosure as well and their body condition were in poor condition as well. Who knows all long the frog was dead in the bowl, it looks like it started decomposing.
(09/04/12)

Here is a very poor enclosure. 3 large boas in one small tank and one water bowl flipped.
(09/04/12)

Some more dry bowls. Really? Water is not hard to come by!
(09/04/12)