Can't stay logged in? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:56 AM   #21
WebSlave
Sorry, but I don't use mobile devices to access the internet, so I can't help you at all. My eyes are bad enough without trying to subject them to those small screens. I'm using a 27 inch screen at 1920x1200 res with my desktop and I'm thinking I might like something even bigger with higher resolution.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:28 AM   #22
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sorry, but I don't use mobile devices to access the internet, so I can't help you at all. My eyes are bad enough without trying to subject them to those small screens. I'm using a 27 inch screen at 1920x1200 res with my desktop and I'm thinking I might like something even bigger with higher resolution.
This was my first venture into tablet style devices... some websites come up just fine, but many are just not designed for the format. Guess I'll stick to my trusty old PC for Fauna then!

Old 07-15-2013, 02:20 AM   #23
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
I've just started to have this very problem when I access the site on my Kindle Fire - Don't have any problems on my PC or Laptop.... and I am struggling to see how I can fix it on the Kindle which doesn't have the options you see on Firefox etc.

Ticking "remember me" doesn't make any difference...
I've got a Kindle Fire HD, and I've never had a problem staying logged on this site. I have found that certain other things do get logged off when I access them on another device, then come back to the Fire. (Ebay is probably the most common).

Can you give any more details about what you're experiencing?

Old 07-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #24
Helenthereef
Maybe it's my Kindle settings - but it seems to have got worse recently.
When I started accessing Fauna by Kindle I always got asked to log on at the start (which must be set automatically on my PC and Laptop as I go straight to a forum without manually logging in on those), but then I could navigate the site as usual. It's slightly annoying, but I have put it down to my lack of aptitude with the Kindle settings.

For the past few weeks (maybe 3 or 4) I log in, and get on to the site, but then when I try to open a thread I get shuttled back to the Log in page. Once I re-log in I can read that thread, but when I try to go back, or follow a link, I get asked to log in all over again.

I suspect it's me - but I have tried to go through all the settings I can find and can't see anything obvious to change. Any hints or tips welcome.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #25
hhmoore
Clear your history (or, at least, clear all the fauna pages).
- click Web from the Menu, click the plus (+) sign in the upper right corner, then click History in the top navigation bar.
If you have this site bookmarked, delete that (for now)

Then, enter www.faunaclassifieds.com in the window
- make sure you include the www. It can matter, in this case. (I had the same problem before on my PC, and that was the reason.)
As long as it is working for you, bookmark (as desired - I don't bother on my kindle, because I typically only access a few sites with it)

Let me know if the problem continues

Old 07-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #26
WebSlave
In the PC world, that problem indicates an issue with the cookies retained on your system. That is the way the vBulletin keeps track of members being logged in for every page change. Sorry, I can't tell you what the equivalent to cookies is on a mobile device.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #27
Helenthereef
Thanks both, I followed instructions and it seems to have solved the problem. I'll let you know if the fix sticks in a few days.

Old 09-13-2021, 03:33 PM   #28
Argonz123
Issues logging in...

Old thread but I’m suddenly having issues staying logged in. I’ll log in check one sale link for example and once I click on another link I’m asked to log in again. I can’t even see images unless logged in. I’m using my iphone and never had issues before....Very frustrating and issue has kept me off Fauna. I hope I can get the problem solved or I’ll take my buisness to Morphmarket.

Old 09-13-2021, 04:22 PM   #29
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonz123 View Post
Old thread but I’m suddenly having issues staying logged in. I’ll log in check one sale link for example and once I click on another link I’m asked to log in again. I can’t even see images unless logged in. I’m using my iphone and never had issues before....Very frustrating and issue has kept me off Fauna. I hope I can get the problem solved or I’ll take my buisness to Morphmarket.
Did you bother reading this thread? I believe the answer is in here if you care to make the effort to look.

Or are you here just to promote that other website?

Old 09-19-2021, 02:36 AM   #30
Argonz123
Yes I did try EVERYTHING in this 2013 thread. I’m asking as I’ve NEVER had the issue in the years I’ve been using the site. Well MAYBE the above recomendations no longer work or don’t work for me specifically. You reply being rude and making assumptions without knowing what you’re talking about. I’ve purchased via Fauna thousands of dollars worth of animals and I don’t need you acting like a butthole over a simple question.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!