Creepy unexplained sound.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 03-25-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
WebSlave
Creepy unexplained sound..

Man, I don't know why but just listening to this makes my skin crawl and the hair stand up on the back of my neck....

Old 03-25-2011, 02:03 AM   #2
WebSlave
And this one evidently was taken in my neck of the woods recently, but darn if I heard it....

Old 03-25-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
TheFragginDragon
That second vid gave me the answer (and jogged my memory from when I was in the USAF)....that's the sound of jet engine testing inside a hanger. When the woman called 911, she mentioned she was near the airport.

Damned sound used to keep me up at night when I lived in base housing

Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
That second vid gave me the answer (and jogged my memory from when I was in the USAF)....that's the sound of jet engine testing inside a hanger. When the woman called 911, she mentioned she was near the airport.

Damned sound used to keep me up at night when I lived in base housing
Actually, I don't think the Tallahassee airport has any hangars large enough to pull in any commercial jet to do engine testing. It is a very small airport. Although I've been past the airport LOTS of times and never heard them testing any jet engines there, I guess this is a plausible explanation. Of course, you would think someone living near the airport would hear this sort of thing all of the time if it was a common occurence.

But I wonder what that flash of light might have been that seemed to shut down the noise? I was expecting to hear the sound of an explosion on the video.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!