Venting about USPS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 04-29-2004, 12:56 AM   #1
LindsayMarie
Venting about USPS

Ok so USPS is supposed to be the most economical way of shipping. I am beginning to think the saying "you get what you pay for" is true! A few weeks ago I sent out a shipment priority w/ delivery confirmation and for a whole week + the shipment was missing. Despite my MANY phone calls no one could give me any more information then what was available online and all that was stated online was that I had dropped it off. Yeah I know I dropped it off! Well the shipment did get delivered eventually but by then I had already refunded the guy his money in full even shipping costs. He stated half the roaches were dead. I was glad to hear half were alive.

Today I sent out another shipment using express. I was surprised when it came to $21.05 seeing as I had calculated it at 17 and some change. Anyways it wasnt until a little bit ago when I was looking at my receipt that I realized that they had charged me 3+ dollars for 1 tenth of a ounce. NOT 1 ounce but .1 ounce. I mean give me a break people! They make more then enough money then to have to worry about charging people for tenths of ounces. Darn if I had just left out that very last half a piece of newspaper I put in for cushioning! Or maybe used the shipping tape more sparingly. It probably would do me no good calling or e-mailing them complaining and asking for a $3+ dollar credit I know your probably thinking it is just 3 bucks and some change but that is alot to us hard working poor people!

This is only my 2nd time using express and I always thought it was overnight and if you listen to them they pretty much advertise it overnight. But both times I have used it I was told that the overnight could not be guaranteed and only 2 day delivery could be guaranteed. WHY!?

I just wanted to vent. Hopefully this shipment arrives at its destination without any problems. WISH ME LUCK! Thanks for letting me vent. Lindsay

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!