IL call to action new law affecting ALL animals - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:43 PM   #11
Classic Dum's
one last thing you ever see many dogs or cats for sale in pet stores in IL? I know I dont, every pet store I have been to has their local humane shelter bring dogs and cats in. Reason being the requirements already in palce from the dept of ag are to much headache for to little. So the humane shelter gets to move some animals via the pet store and the pet store saves themselves a headache. Back home in PA pretty much ALL pet stores carry cats and dogs hell there are ones that specialize in pure breds only etc etc reason being, they are not over regulated like they are here. The local pet stores in my area wont even consider carry cats or dogs. if this passes it will be the same with reptiles. REGAURDLESS ALL LAWS ARE STEPPING STONES TO FURTHER THEIR AGENDA

Old 10-19-2006, 11:44 PM   #12
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Dum's
"I doubt the IL Animal Control Act requires that reptiles be vaccinated against rabies." FYI THAT HAPPENS TO BE THE ACT THEY ARE REVISING. So no its current reading it doesnt say reptiles have to be vaccinated but that happens to be the one they are revising. FYI again, rabies vaccine would kill reptiles thus it cant be dont, thus if the law calls for it guess what because no vet will do it nowing it will kill the reps no one will be able to bring reptiles in because they wont be able to satisfy the requirements. darr....
Then please, by all means post where is states that the Animal Control Act is what they are revising. According to PIJAC it's the Animal Welfare Act that is being revised.
If what you are saying is correct, then PIJAC needs to seriously revise their reporting standards.
So far in this thread, all the information we have to go on is from the link you posted from the PIJAC site. If it is incorrect, then post the links to the actual bill.

I believe the legislation, regardless of what is will regulate, should be opposed, but as I said earlier, you have to know what exactly you are opposing. If you call the Department of Ag and protest that reptiles should not be vaccinated against rabies when the bill is not suggesting they should then your entire argument will be disregarded as an uninformed individual.

Old 10-20-2006, 08:11 AM   #13
Classic Dum's
as I stated in my first post I havnt had time to read this shit that is what was relaid to me by the person I spoke to at the dept of ag. so maybe IM getting the two bills confused who knows who cares if people spent half as much time fighting bills as they do nit picking each other in forums this hoby would be alot better

Old 01-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #14
KCRD.com
What's the word on this bill?

I read about it in an issue of Reptiles Magazine and couldn't believe my eyes! Did this law pass and if so does that mean that there is no more NARBC show in Tinley?

I've been to a lot of shows since last October and no one really knows what's going on, I know that there is a date slated for Tinley this year but is it really going to happen?

Jason
KCRD

Old 02-03-2007, 10:32 PM   #15
ravensden
just my two sents

Quote:
"I doubt the IL Animal Control Act requires that reptiles be vaccinated against rabies." FYI THAT HAPPENS TO BE THE ACT THEY ARE REVISING. So no its current reading it doesnt say reptiles have to be vaccinated but that happens to be the one they are revising. FYI again, rabies vaccine would kill reptiles thus it cant be dont, thus if the law calls for it guess what because no vet will do it nowing it will kill the reps no one will be able to bring reptiles in because they wont be able to satisfy the requirements. darr....
Reptiles can't carry the rabies virus, it is a virus that only effects mammals.
as far as the law goes, it doesn't look as if it will affect the reptile trade, if it would they would have specificly named REPTILES in the list. my point is all the new law and you keep saying is DOG & CATS and then THIS WILL EFFECT REPTILES IN THE END,

Quote:
one last thing you ever see many dogs or cats for sale in pet stores in IL? I know I dont, every pet store I have been to has their local humane shelter bring dogs and cats in. Reason being the requirements already in palce from the dept of ag are to much headache for to little. So the humane shelter gets to move some animals via the pet store and the pet store saves themselves a headache. Back home in PA pretty much ALL pet stores carry cats and dogs hell there are ones that specialize in pure breds only etc etc reason being, they are not over regulated like they are here. The local pet stores in my area wont even consider carry cats or dogs. if this passes it will be the same with reptiles. REGAURDLESS ALL LAWS ARE STEPPING STONES TO FURTHER THEIR AGENDA
again if they were targeting reptiles they would have done it now, why wait another year or two to target the other half of the pet trade? Makes no sense to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!