Neil Gubitz - Good guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-03-2003, 01:34 PM   #1
ttreptile1
Thumbs up Neil Gubitz - Good guy

I just recently purchased a yearling sorong from Neil. Despite the negative comments on this board I was able to also find some good comments about him and got both sides of the story.

Anyway I chose to proceed with the order. His service was fast, friendly and very helpful to me. Shipping went off without a hitch and pictures were provided all along the way. The snake is exactly what I wanted / asked for and the whole process went extremely well. After seeing all the notes about him on this board I was nervous about the whole buy but in the end it went alot better than I expected and I am glad I took the chance!

Tim Turner
ttreptile1
Reading, PA
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2003, 01:46 PM   #2
ttreptile1
ooops, forgot

Incase anyone else is interested, here is the site that I got it from.

www.TampaSnakePit.com

Tim

Old 06-03-2003, 05:34 PM   #3
sputnik
Question

To be honest, I hope Neil continues to be as good as you say. His actions of recent on this board still wouldn't convince me to buy anything off him with his poor customer record and his attempts to undermine this site.

Old 06-03-2003, 10:45 PM   #4
DaveyFig
Stupid observation I guess

With all of the posts about Neil, I am left wondering why this new thread was started. I was told to ad my comments to an already existing thread when I went to post about Neil. If you had read good things about Neil here Mr. Turner, then this post in my opinion should have been added to the thread from which you gathered the info that made you decide to take a chance. Just being nitpicky I guess, but would it not be better if someone were to do a search to only find one huge thread, with all of the experiences outlined within? That way they would not have to look at 15 different thread to read "he is a good guy" or "he is a bad guy".

David Giltner

Old 06-03-2003, 10:59 PM   #5
NEWReptiles
That 2nd post needs to go.

Old 06-18-2003, 03:25 PM   #6
Shy4574
Question

Quote:
Deleted - violation of FULL NAME rule.

WebSlave

Old 06-18-2003, 03:55 PM   #7
Dennis Gulla
Shy4574

It states in the TOS that your real full name must be present on every post. I would add it to your signiture, that way you won't forget in the future.

Regarding the Guyana's, could you please be a little more specific? What was the date purchased? Were these sold as captive bred and born or wild caught imports? How long did you have them before they started showing signs of illness? Show some e-mail correspondence.

Old 06-18-2003, 06:36 PM   #8
Neil Gubitz
Rich.... if you want to delete this, go right ahead....

Shy.... I don't think you're being very fair about this.... I shipped you those "CB" Guyana's on April 14, 2003.... the first time I heard from you about this problem was one month later, in the middle of May.... even though my guarantee states you have 7 days, I felt bad and offered to send you $50 to help with the Vet bills (which I did).... I then told you (before I even knew about the problem with the other one, which I just NOW found out about) that, if the first one died, I would get you another one for what I paid for it, you weren't sure, so I agreed to give you $100 credit on anything else you might have wanted.... you agreed to that and must have called me 20 times asking what I had for you.... every time, I told you to look at my inventory and pick something, take $100 off the price and send me the balance, and that was all of two weeks ago!.... you kept asking me for the Kenyan Sand Boa that I have for sale for $99.... I would have been happy to send it to you.... Obviously, I didn't have to do a thing after that first month, but I did.... and never publicized it, either.... I don't have a clue what happened to those two, but, I haven't had that problem before, or since.... just you!.... So, tell me, what was it that *I* did wrong??.... I tried to work with you to YOUR satisfaction, when I (legally) didn't have to.... at least now, I can see how you repaid my kindness, and my offer of help.... thanks, I really appreciate it!....
Even so.... that offer of $100 credit is STILL available to you!

Neil Gubitz
www.TampaSnakePit.com

Old 06-18-2003, 07:30 PM   #9
DaveyFig
Well Neil , as you know you will never be able to please every customer. Something bad is going to come up once in a while. I must say you are making yourself out to be a good guy here. It seems as though you really do careabout this guyana deal, and that you are doing the right thing on this. I hope everything works out in the end. Keep this up, you are starting to change my views on how you deal with customers.Well done.

Dave Giltner

Old 06-18-2003, 08:20 PM   #10
Stardust
I have to say that I bought a snake from Neil as well and something happened to the snake, it died. I think Neil and I both know that it was sick before it came to me(I wont get into what was wrong with it). After what, two months (well beyond his guarentee) he still gave me a hundred dollar credit. Not too bad of a guy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!