Neil Gubitz=Good Guy - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-16-2004, 10:01 PM   #81
Seamus Haley
A phenotypically "normal" amarali would have more dorsal saddles than this animals is showing, of that there is no question.

In fact, the only phenotypically "normal" subspecies which would display a similar appearance would be constrictor BUT, a Boa constrictor constrictor also would "normally" have saddles which were less saddle-shaped and more rectangular. Boa constrictor ortonii has a similar number of dorsal marks, but the appearance is such that it can generally be ruled out with only a cursory visual inspection.

Phenotypical abberencies do crop up all over the place, even without subspecific intergraditation. The color and markings of a species are never really set in stone...

Scale counts are though.

How many of the following does this animal have; ventral plates, midbody scale rows, caudual plates, circum-orbitals, supra-labials, inter-oculars, lori-labial rows?

Neil, if you're not sure what those are and need some diagrams explaining where on the snake these scale groupings are and how to best go about counting them, I might be able to locate some diagrams and scan them in, or possibly even find a few online.

Ben, I don't think anyone is questioning your credibility or the validity of the animals you sold Neil... I think they are questioning Neil's general ethics. Most people likely feel, as I do, that he's not really above switching animals around on unsuspecting buyers.

Old 01-16-2004, 10:26 PM   #82
Neil Gubitz
Seamus.... That is the EXACT animal that Ben sold me, but, your opinions mean a great deal to me.... not!!

Neil

Old 01-16-2004, 10:36 PM   #83
Vince
this post is dead, really who in there right mind is going to buy from this guy, come on.

Old 01-16-2004, 10:36 PM   #84
Seamus Haley
Way to completely avoid the issue of the scale count Neil.

Regardless of who produced them for a moment...

If you buy an animal, then turn around and sell it, 100% of the responsibility for accurate representation becomes yours and yours alone. If you find that it has been misrepresented, you can always go back to whoever you obtained it from and have it out with them, but this does not lessen your culpability for selling (or trying to sell) a misrepresented animal.

If it really comes down to it, you *should* know enough about the animald you choose to deal in to avoid mistakes of this nature. They seem kinda frequent, don't you think? A typo here, a mistake in the wording there... Basically, the repeated and unchanging tendency for these to crop up in your ads leaves only two explainations... Either you know that it's inaccurate and do it deliberately to mislead the buyer OR it's entirely an innocent mistake every time and you're just dumber than dirt when it comes to realizing that a morph and hybrid aren't the same thing or that your amarali doesn't look anything like all the other "kids" on the playground (classifieds). Take your pick Neil- fraudulent or stupid; which do you want to be known as?

Old 01-17-2004, 08:45 AM   #85
John Apple
maybe TOO much credit but

I think Neil is an intelligent person that KNOWs exactly what he is doing.

As does a used car salesman

Old 01-17-2004, 11:07 AM   #86
The BoidSmith
Quote:
John.... I really appreciate you saying that.... you're absolutely correct, though.... I just can't keep my mouth shut, and it gets me in trouble A LOT.... but, hey, what are you gonna do???
Neil,

Your last question in that quote of yours can be answered with just one word: CHANGE. By your own admission, you state you are helpless and not able to change. If you put a sincere effort into it I believe you can. Yes, it will take time, and yes it means acceptance of some things and letting go of others.

Now, once you feel you have started to change don't proclaim the "new Neil". "It's for you to know and for the rest to find out". And believe me, people will find out eventually. It might take months, 1, 2, 5 years, who knows! But the time will go by anyways so why not giving it a try? Only YOU can choose to be exactly where you are today or in a completely different position.

Quote:
.... Rich and Jerry Tressler have told me MANY TIMES to just stay quiet, but I just never have sense enough to listen to good advice.... one of my downfalls, I guess....
Follow the advice of those that care about you. Even those that are antagonistic with your thoughts do so because deep enough they care. Even if maybe not openly about you, they care about what happens to other people, and thus they have trouble accepting your behavior. If we thought you were a non-entity (just to use your words) we probably would not spend the time trying.

Enjoy your weekend guys!

Old 01-17-2004, 02:30 PM   #87
KNOBTAIL
ALVARO, your thread makes alot of sense

but unfortunately i Neils case, as well as possibly some others, things have a way of getting out of hand. This particular thread is one example.

Originally, it was a good guy post. Here we are 15 pages later discussing the virtues on how Neil has to deal with his past experiences. This is my gripe , that not only pertains to Neil but to other members of this site.

If some one wants to post an inquiry about Neil, as an example, there is a voluminous amount of information that could be provided the inquirer. No problem with that!
If someone needs to complain about a difficutly with Neil , their is no problem with that as well

But if someone wants to post a "good guy post" about a transaction with Neil, that should be the end of it. But we both know that within minutes, the treads will begin. That should not happen on this forum. Then as we have witnessed, what ends up is a bashing ceremony that continues until we are all sick of it.

Their are alot people who for whatever reason do not like Neil, the way he conducts his business, his advertising methods or possibly his existence. Some of these threads can get quite nasty, and have nothing to do with herps, the BOI, or anything else other than inflame a situation that has already gone out of control.

I am not suggesting that members dont get involved if their is something to get involved about, but I think it sets a dangerous precedent when a simple good guy post turns into a nightmare.
I dont see the benefit in advising a person who was satisfied with a transaction with Neil or anyone else, that Neil is a scumbag or some of the other names that were attributed to him.

It is this kind of treatment that I am concerned about . Their should be some checks and balances between someones right to post a healthy experience without third party interfence unless we are dealing with out and out theft.
I honestly believe the webmaster should set some ground rules on replys that pertain to good guy posts so we dont become so repetitive every time Neils name comes up in a post. Also, I think in fairness to everyone concerned, if you have had a problem with Neil or anyone else, postings are welcomed and your experience is always appreciated, but if you have never dealt with Neil, never purchased from Neil, then one has to wonder why are you here!

Old 01-17-2004, 03:11 PM   #88
sputnik
I think that it is not unusual of these threads to end up way off topic after 3 or 4 pages.

You tend to end up with the usual sarcastic remarks. Which usually means they have nothing else to do. Or two or more people who do not like each other end up slinging back and fourth on the same thread. It's very predictable and makes you wonder, do I ever want to buy from some of these people if they act like this?

You get the usual "I have been in this industry for x amount of years" so I know better then you and your below me and my post is RIGHT.

In the case of this thread it has all these ingredients. You could say this is way off topic too, but where do you express it so all on this thread can view it?

I do think enough truths have emerged from this for people to realize who they can trust and who they cannot trust when a problem with an animal happens!!!

Old 01-17-2004, 03:14 PM   #89
robin d.
ok first off...i
if people would stick with the rules as to post dealings with a person to an existing thread , it would be nice...
when people post bad guy experiences, some people come on posting good guy thread added to it... whats the difference in posting in reference to a post.... good or bad???
if you ask me... i personally dont like neils existance... with his lack luster background, misrepresented, mislabled, missexed and misleading ads and aniimals, i find it hard to believe anything from him. i
n my eyes he is in the same catagory as all of the other "bad guys" out ther ....mislable here.. fib there, exageration of the truth, not telling the whole thruth .......little thing here.. it all adds up... leing is leing no matter how big or small aint nothing worse than a liar.
regardless of a good or bad guy post people need to be aware of what kind person he is and what his past and current mis dealings have been plain and simple

Old 01-17-2004, 03:52 PM   #90
KNOBTAIL
ROBIN, it seems to make sense to me

that if you post your experiences after a good guy post or a bad guy post, that you should do so. I agree with you 100%, under the following conditon..............that you have some experience with whom the post is about. No problem their!

But I question some of the people who are posting and have never had any experience with Neil, never purchased from him, never spoke to him, but have joined a bandwagon on a
herpinquisition. This is where I have a problem.

By all means if you had some difficulties with Neil that involves the selling or trading of herps, or even some shady advertising, its to your benefit to let everyone know. But I think we both know that does not seem to merit out with some of the threads that been posted. I am referring specifically to some nasty posts by Chris Eaton. I dont know who he is or why that kind of a post has even been allowed to stay on this thread. This individual I doubt has purchased anything from Neil, or may not even know Neil, but even he does, this kind of slander has no place on the BOI or any other site. Their is nothing constructive, nor pleasant even in an uncomplimentary way about his posts.

My response I feel is necessary because if we continue down this path, every post whether good or bad will be subject to the same lunacy that has occured here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!