Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:02 PM   #161
Otter_23
Well the box was accepted now I have to wait to be approved.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:28 PM   #162
hhmoore
the box was accepted...as in they accepted delivery, or it was approved?

Old 06-08-2006, 12:43 AM   #163
hunterjackson
I am finally in my last step in becoming certified. I have submited my 'legal' paperwork, and it is under review, and i should be good to go by monday. It was a painless process, especially since i have an awesome rep who calls nearly daily to update me. Heck, she even set up a plan where I am already getting 25% off, and 53% off if i ship more than 5 packages a week (i am doing about 10 a week now).

Old 06-16-2006, 01:23 PM   #164
Otter_23
Sorry missed your response way earlier hhmoore. It was accepted in the sense that my test box passed their requirements. After that they filled out papers for their legal department (which I sent out this week). I have had some problems with connecting with my training lady. She missed 3 appointments when she was suppose to call but my rep stated she had heard that person has been sick so she is going to try to set me up with another lady (the training is to set it up so you can print your own labels at home etc... I guess). I believe I can still ship without that training I just have to do the label stuff at my drop off place.

Old 06-16-2006, 02:37 PM   #165
hhmoore
I don't know what training you are referring to (I didn't get any training). It is pretty simple to do the shipping label at home...it pretty much walks you through the process. If you have a problem, drop me a line - we can hook up on AIM or Messenger and I will walk you through it. (there may well be some fine points that I haven't figured out, though...like I said, I didn't get any training)

Old 06-29-2006, 09:07 AM   #166
WorldReptiles
Lightbulb Finally got certified!!

I just finished the whole process and as of today I’m good to go for shipping reptiles. The whole ordeal from start to finish only took about a month which was what I was hoping for. For the most part everyone I dealt with was quite pleasant and really took the time to help and get all of it accomplished.

After reading through the entire thread again this morning I’m curious about how those of you who have been approved and have been shipping for some time would rate their experience thus far with FedEx and also how many are shipping to residential address and if that problem is still setting people back.

Only asking due to the fact that this topic hasn’t been brought up in quite some time and I would really like to hear if their has been any progress regarding this problem.

Any Feedback would be great!

Thanks

Old 06-29-2006, 11:21 AM   #167
ldydrgn
We haven't had any problems so far. All packages delivered by 10:30.. some much earlier in the morning, and most of them to residential addresses.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:10 PM   #168
Bill & Amy
I tried to skim through and find this info with no luck. Do you have to do a certification for each size box you want to use, or will this cover all your packages?

Old 06-29-2006, 01:25 PM   #169
ldydrgn
We use the same type of box but in 3 different sizes, but had only one size tested. I don't believe every size needs testing. Keep in mind that only new boxes should be used in order to be sure of the integrity of the box. Also... with the bigger boxes we use thicker insulation to provide extra support.

Old 06-29-2006, 02:23 PM   #170
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldydrgn
We use the same type of box but in 3 different sizes, but had only one size tested. I don't believe every size needs testing. Keep in mind that only new boxes should be used in order to be sure of the integrity of the box. Also... with the bigger boxes we use thicker insulation to provide extra support.

Thank you!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver