Bad Guy Underground Reptiles - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:05 PM   #11
cbeal1
Why would you instantly assume that this was done on purpose and not just an honest mistake. They are well known in the community and have a good reputation. And I'm sure the snake that you got would still sell just fine for what you paid. If your not happy then take the refund. He even offered to pay shipping

Old 01-09-2018, 08:07 PM   #12
snowgyre
I wouldn't say Underground Reptiles has a good reputation. Even on here, threads bounce between positive purchases and outright horrible experiences (especially with disease issues). I have also seen advertisements with clearly mislabeled animals. In particular, I remember them selling a "Sinaloan" milk snake that was clearly a hybrid animal here on Faunaclassifieds. They also sold wild caught Nerodia that later tested positive for the deadly snake fungal disease. Indeed, the water snake photo they use to advertise for wild caught animals exhibits lesions characteristics of snake fungal disease. Most recently they sold a green tree python to a customer at the Daytona show in 2017 that died and tested positive for nidovirus (this is on the Facebook FBI page posted by Gracie Graves out of Tallahassee, you can read about it here). Granted, they did offer a replacement or store credit, but who honestly wants a replacement or store credit from a business who sold you a diseased snake?

There are also several negative threads on Underground Reptiles here in the Board of Inquiry. In short, they do not have as positive a reputation as you may think, and many folks consider purchasing from them a gamble.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:11 PM   #13
snowgyre
Apologies, the hyperlink I used above for the FBI post didn't work, but you can hop on Facebook, join the FBI - Feedback and Inquiries for Reptiles page, and do a search for Gracie Graves. It will pop up then. I asked her to post here on the BOI in addition to that site but she has not yet done so.

Old 01-09-2018, 09:30 PM   #14
Vorlon1
Yep mistakes are made another vendor here was selling "Oregon Pike" rosy boas....
I simply corrected the error, but e vendor never changed the ad. Made he/she didn't want it known that these animals might have came from Organ Pipe National Monument (or Ajo AZ.).

Old 01-12-2018, 08:20 PM   #15
Hidalgotexas
What he said ^

Old 01-12-2018, 08:38 PM   #16
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorlon1 View Post
Yep mistakes are made another vendor.
Probably best to discuss other vendors elsewhere.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:58 PM   #17
Vorlon1
Lucille if you would have bothered to search "Oregon Pike" you would have seen that it was discussed elsewhere. Mistakes are made frequently.
When a they admit they were wrong and attempt compensation, this is not the place to negotiate. At the conclusion, if the buyer is still unhappy that is different. But there was little or no communication with the seller prior to the first post.

Old 01-13-2018, 12:08 AM   #18
tlmoon
Vorlon, it's confusing to bring another vendor's issues into a thread, so I imagine that's why Lucille mentioned it. I'm not clear now that this has been mentioned, was Underground mislabelling rosy boas, or is that a separate vendor's issue?

In any case, it is certainly understandable that mistakes happen and I applaud Underground's responsiveness to the issue.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:03 PM   #19
MikeCurtin
Regardless of history, it sure appears that Rian wants to do everything in his power to make this right with either a refund or replacement.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:47 PM   #20
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
I wouldn't say Underground Reptiles has a good reputation. Even on here, threads bounce between positive purchases and outright horrible experiences (especially with disease issues). I have also seen advertisements with clearly mislabeled animals. In particular, I remember them selling a "Sinaloan" milk snake that was clearly a hybrid animal here on Faunaclassifieds. They also sold wild caught Nerodia that later tested positive for the deadly snake fungal disease. Indeed, the water snake photo they use to advertise for wild caught animals exhibits lesions characteristics of snake fungal disease. Most recently they sold a green tree python to a customer at the Daytona show in 2017 that died and tested positive for nidovirus (this is on the Facebook FBI page posted by Gracie Graves out of Tallahassee, you can read about it here). Granted, they did offer a replacement or store credit, but who honestly wants a replacement or store credit from a business who sold you a diseased snake?

There are also several negative threads on Underground Reptiles here in the Board of Inquiry. In short, they do not have as positive a reputation as you may think, and many folks consider purchasing from them a gamble.
Agreed. I appreciate the show of good customer service in this thread, but I wouldn't buy from a seller that regularly sends out diseased animals to begin with. You don't have to sacrifice good customer service to get healthy animals, or vice versa.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!