Inquiry Considering adoption: International Reptile Rescue - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
JessKeen
Considering adoption: International Reptile Rescue

Hi everyone, this is my first post here so sorry if I miss anything. As my first corn is from a large commercial breeder (BHB) it seems appropriate that my second should be a rescue! Repticon Salt Lake City is at the end of May and a rescue group called International Reptile Rescue will be attending with adoptable animals. Has anyone adopted from them before? I am having trouble finding any great amount of information about their program. If they are legit, and have any handleable corns with them, I would love to bring one home with me from the Repticon. Thanks for any info!

Jessica Keenan

Old 03-14-2014, 10:37 PM   #2
LauraB
I've had no transactions/adoptions through International Reptile Rescue AKA Hart's Reptile World , but here are links you can check out:

http://www.hartsreptileworld.com/index.php
https://www.facebook.com/internationalreptilerescue
https://twitter.com/gatorrescue911

Old 03-14-2014, 11:06 PM   #3
JessKeen
I've seen these, but thanks I appreciate it I was just wondering if anyone had had a personal experience, or even had seem them at a repticon and remembered the health of their animals. I guess the biggest factor will be what I see when I get there.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:00 PM   #4
BlueCrowned
I see that this thread is quite old. I was looking for info on them because I see them around at shows in Portland and their prices seem very high for "adoption fees," more than what a breeder would charge. I purchased a used cage with supplies from them for a reasonable price last year ($90 for a decent size tank with sliding lid, UTH, lamp and decor) but I am not convinced that they aren't flippers taking in pets under the guise of a rescue to make a quick buck. I wonder if they can provide any 501(c)3 info or other documentation proving that they are a legitimate rescue.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:43 PM   #5
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrowned View Post
I wonder if they can provide any 501(c)3 info or other documentation proving that they are a legitimate rescue.
https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...&ein=264536179

Old 01-15-2018, 03:35 PM   #6
BlueCrowned
Thanks that's good info to have! Did not know that existed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!