quams with photoshop RGB profiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-26-2004, 04:42 PM   #1
diablohogs
Red face quams with photoshop RGB profiles

during the whole 'which leo is your favorite' thing i pulled a picture of my high yellow RW albino off of VMS website. unfortunately i could only save it as a 900 k BMP (bitmap). so i figure ill throw it in photoshop... at which time the color manage prompt pops up asking me if i would like to assign a RGB profile to the file im opening. i end up picking the default... Adobe RGB (1988) and with the click of the mouse i watch my picture go from this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg highyellowrw.jpg (111.0 KB, 116 views)

Old 04-26-2004, 04:59 PM   #2
diablohogs
Arrow to this...

i cant believe the difference! i personally hate when an animal is misrepresented but i feel as long as you dont manipulate the picture that you are being honest (you cant always control the light). unfortunately Adobe, with its color management profiles, has made it possible, with the click of the mouse, to make a picture appear much more vibrant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg highyellowrw(adobe-rgb).jpg (130.8 KB, 119 views)

Old 04-26-2004, 05:01 PM   #3
diablohogs
Talking THE GOOD NEWS!!!

you can open a picture in photoshop and designate the profile 'sRGB IEC61966-2.1' to it to see (what appears to me, based on pictures i opened in photoshop using that profile) the true color profile of the picture.

Old 04-26-2004, 05:03 PM   #4
diablohogs
i havnt seen her yet but i sure hope she looks more like the second picture...although ill be happy either way....lol.

Old 04-26-2004, 05:20 PM   #5
KelliH
She looks great in both photos! Please post a pic after you receive her too.

Old 04-26-2004, 05:41 PM   #6
E2MacPets
Next time choose to not assign it any color profile. See what results that gives you.

As for which profile looks best on your monitor, that will vary from user to user. Your monitor has its own profile. That's why it is important to include the color profile when you save the picture, so that it is viewed on other computers using the parameters that were used when originally saving the composition.

Old 04-26-2004, 07:11 PM   #7
diablohogs
yeah being a mac user i think i tend to see things a little more vibrant at home than they appear on my DELL at work. you go through the process of setting the gamma correctly on a mac and choosing a monitor profile but i set up DELLs here at work (part of my job as a tech-e) and have never been asked to adjust gamma or pick a monitor profile by the windoze OS.

i just went into control panels>display>color management on my DELL at work here...

and seen that there wasn't a profile loaded at all. i ended up setting it to the monitor brand im currently using. i see no change.

VIVA LA MAC!

p.s. kelli once i get the high yellow rainwaters (tues. or wed.) i will take pictures of all of them and post...

Old 04-26-2004, 07:20 PM   #8
E2MacPets
I'm a linux user, but I use windoze for photoshop. My next computer will be a Mac.

Old 04-26-2004, 07:48 PM   #9
diablohogs
Talking macintosh

i only have a 1 ghz eMac but i love it the same...

wait for the prices to drop on G5s...its bound to happen soon. they are really fast... and come with Panther (an os built on the unix OS DARWIN).

dont get me started on computer talk... the true geek in me WILL shine.

Old 04-27-2004, 11:22 AM   #10
riverjop
hey chad,

here's a normal pic of my J-LOW with a cheap crappy digital camera that I have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg im000627.jpg (44.4 KB, 36 views)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!