New York state law issues - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 01-18-2005, 11:52 AM   #111
reptaking
Angry

according to the d.e.c. any reptile owner who doesn't inform them in writting by 2/29/05. of what animals they have the d.e.c. has the right to come in and kill all the reptiles you own

Old 01-28-2005, 04:43 AM   #112
kevinherbert
new york state law

as of the first of this year you must have a permit, i have had my burmese sence november! i lucked out there, is there any states that don't have bans or prohibits reptiles?

Old 08-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #113
kingsnake
thank you since im from NYS and own several snakes,i need to stay on top of the laws.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #114
BobOblak
Brian Barczyk Facebook Page

http://www.facebook.com/BrianBarczyk...84552904897099

Go to the wall, and scroll down to the message by Maxman Reptile Rescue on Jan 11 at 8:51 am and read from that point down. Is there a discussion of this anywhere on this site? This is very scarey.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #115
caine_666
can any 1 tell me if there is a law on the # of snakes 1 can own and and if i need any paper work to bread my ball pythons in upstate ny??? thanx for any help.....

Old 07-29-2011, 06:12 AM   #116
hhmoore
There is no restriction on BPs at the State level. There may be local restrictions on the number of any type of animal you can keep without being designated as (something); and there are local laws that do prohibit even owning BPs (ie NYC). It is, IMO, unlikely that local agencies would find out about, or pursue, such issues unless it was called to their attention.
While I am definitely a proponent of knowing, and operating within, the laws, I'm also a strong advocate of keeping my business MY business (good fences make good neighbors type of thing). If you don't broadcast the number of snakes that you have, or that you are breeding them, then nobody has any reason to be concerned about them. A neighbor that has an issue with you, or is scared of snakes, can cause aggravation even if you aren't breaking laws....in some cases, their actions could result in laws against reptiles (snakes, in this case).

Old 08-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #117
caine_666
ok ty i was kind of thinking the same thing and i only bring out a few of my snakes and only 1 at a time and my neighbors cant tell the difrence betwen them any way lol but when i get morphs they will lol but ty

Old 08-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #118
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
While I am definitely a proponent of knowing, and operating within, the laws, I'm also a strong advocate of keeping my business MY business (good fences make good neighbors type of thing). If you don't broadcast the number of snakes that you have, or that you are breeding them, then nobody has any reason to be concerned about them. A neighbor that has an issue with you, or is scared of snakes, can cause aggravation even if you aren't breaking laws....in some cases, their actions could result in laws against reptiles (snakes, in this case).
Totally agree with you, Harald!!

Work WITHIN the law, and you should be safe.

Don't go bragging and flaunting your leg-less kids, and you shouldn't have a problem.

We only have corns, and the only time we would be taking them out would be to take them to the vet or to take them to a show to sell them. In either case, they would be bagged or boxed.

Only my close herper friends even know I keep geckos.

Too many around here would break in to kill or steal them...or think I was into witchcraft or something. Lots of African refugees have moved into my area.

I even have a blind on the window in the herp room (situated in the far back of the house), just in case anyone cutting through my yard or looking to burglarize us happens to look in and see the tanks. Even though my fence has Keep Out/Beware of Dog/etc. all over the place, the kids hopping the fence to get into the public pool next door don't stop to read them. One of these days my Lhasa-poo is gonna take a chunk out of someone's ankle, and then maybe they'll stay the hell out.

But from the front and sides of the house, there's no indication that we have any pets other than our dogs and cats.

Sux that the herps can't have natural sunlight shining in, but at least they're safe.

Better safe than sorry.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #119
JColt
New York Seeks to Criminalize Wild Animal and Reptile Ownership

http://herpalliance.com/2013/02/03/n...ile-ownership/

Old 02-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #120
MotorG525
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
New York Seeks to Criminalize Wild Animal and Reptile Ownership

http://herpalliance.com/2013/02/03/n...ile-ownership/
after looking into this it seems like this law is trying to criminalize anyone who animals injure another person. Did anyone else find this also?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!