Have you ever? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
Kylegep
Have you ever?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had success with breeding a 200g male ball python? Or and other size, This info would be very useful to me and thanks in advance!

Old 02-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
The Python Lab
I've heard of people breeding small males, not that small though. Through my personal experience I found that just because a male is " breeder size " it is not a clear indication he will breed. I've founnd with some males you just have to wait, when they are ready they will.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
Montoya
I have a terrible time with young males period. I have one who is about 350g now who I am trying to get bred back to his mother and nothing so far. I am hoping that between now and April it may happen but if not, there's next year.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
Matt2979
I'm not having much luck with young males, either. My smallest ones (that I'm currently trying to get to breed) are between 400-500 grams. The biggest one that I'm having problems with is a 600-700 gram '09 male that doesn't seem to be able to figure it out.

As far as breeding at 200 grams, I don't think you have much of a chance with him. Not only is he most likely not sexually mature, but your smallest female is going to be at least 6 times his size!!

Old 02-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
redhood23
I dont breed anything less than 750. The tend to drop too much weight and breeding that small/young just doesnt seem right or healthy. I think of my snakes as my kids, a 200g snake is like a five year old, not ready for anything yet. IMO I think you should wait a bit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!