renewing ad question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-22-2006, 10:08 AM   #1
dumje
renewing ad question

Is there any way to renew an ad? Or do you have to just cut and paste and then repost the add?

Old 01-22-2006, 10:10 AM   #2
dumje
what happened to my signature on my posts?

Michael Enriquez

Old 01-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #3
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumje
Is there any way to renew an ad? Or do you have to just cut and paste and then repost the add?
The way this is supposed to work if via a program running on the server that sends you a notice when your current ad is getting close to expiring to give you the option to renew it. Quite honestly, I have no idea if that works or not as I haven't tested it.

Has anyone actually gotten that renewal notice for their expiring ads?

Old 03-13-2006, 04:41 PM   #4
reptileman1
Welp, how DO you renew an ad? I have never received a renewal/expiration notice. Please LMK. THX!

Old 03-13-2006, 05:37 PM   #5
WebSlave
This is one of the failings of the program, and one of the reasons I am not emphasizing it's use any longer. There is a CRON job (for those of you who know what this is) that is supposed to run periodically to check on expired ads, auction bids, etc., which just is not working properly. I paid the developer to do the install and get everything properly, which obviously was not done. One of these days I may look into it myself to see what is needed to fix it, but quite honestly, the bloom is off the rose on that software package.

Some people still like it, so I left it active for those who prefer to use it. But it's offered as an "as is" condition.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!