What a relief! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:58 PM   #1
JColt
What a relief!

Sunday I let my boxer out around 4pm. He got into a fight fence with neighbors relatives dogs behind me. Wooden fence so no contact but he either hit a rock or the fence with his left canine and cracked it.

Took him to the 24/7 vet and they gave me some pain killers and an estimate of $1200 to $2000 to remove canine and polish and clean teeth. Sticker shock but I would have paid it. The on duty vet made several comments about checking with my normal vet. This place has 2 top vets in reptile and birds and another is a vet for Cleveland Zoo. They are an emergency place and have all the high tech equipment.

Called my vet this morning and said come in at 2. My boxer has 2 lumps and 2 skin tags also. She said you want us to take care of those also? I said depends on costs. She said if I was willing to pay other place then I think you'll be surprised and said she'd be back in a min.

They are going to remove canine, clean and polish teeth, remove 2 lumps, 2 skin tags for between $450 to $580. Depending if canine comes out easy or hard. Most vets in this area charge $350 just to clean and polish.

As far as the dog, other than swelling on side of face you wouldn't notice anything. Running jumping and begging for food.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:11 PM   #2
Lucille
That is a relief! Last year my dog need a couple of teeth removed and a cleaning, it was around $450 at my regular vet. Those emergency vets charge a lot, even for non emergency work.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:07 PM   #3
JColt
They sure do Lucille. Not too bad for emergency Sunday visit though. $118.00 which included pain meds. I take him in Thursday morning.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:19 PM   #4
JColt
Well he had surgery Thursday morning. Total was $518. Tooth came out easy. They put a drain tube in where tumer was in armpit area of front left leg. I go in Tuesday to remove tube then on the 3rd to remove stitches.

They gave me some pills to give him the night before and 2 hours before his visits. She says he doesn't like them, lol. Pills to chill him out.

I've been using this vet office for 30 plus years. The original owner retired and his female vet took ownership. She now only does surgeries and doesn't do office calls.

The new ones are much younger and don't seem to have confidence when dogs get aggressive. Brock has never bitten anyone but he will back people off if he don't want them around. One tech got on her knees and started to put her face near him. I said, Please don't do that.

Brock may feel my uneasiness with newer vets though. First night home he was pretty nauseous and out of it. Next morning he was ready for food and water. Last night I had to lock him up when daughter and granddaughters came over because he started hopping and jumping. Thought for sure he was going to bust something.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!