ROATAN FIREBELLY BOAS LOTS OF PICS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #1
king brown
ROATAN FIREBELLY BOAS LOTS OF PICS

Something a little different here is one of my Roatan fire belly boas. Roatan is largest of the Bahia Islands off the coast of Honduras. These boas are best know and get their name from the intense red color the have on their belly’s I have been working with them for a couple of years and will finally produce a litter this year. Its been difficult to fine pure 100% roatan boa’s but It’s been worth it as you can see the results of my search.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:15 AM   #2
Metachrosis
Check the thread on KS

M/

Old 05-12-2007, 10:02 AM   #3
Cruel
Show the belly please!

Old 05-12-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
king brown
heres a belly pic

Old 05-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
Nice Honduran. She has a pretty whacked pattern. Gotta love the different stuff.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #6
SPJ
WOW! She is a beauty!

Old 05-12-2007, 08:10 PM   #7
Cruel
OHH YES! This was what I wanted to see..

Old 05-13-2007, 08:40 AM   #8
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis
Check the thread on KS

M/
Yeah, I saw that thread last night. Seems he got slammed pretty hard.
either way they are some beautiful animals. I'll have to post some recent pix of my hondo's.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:24 PM   #9
Metachrosis
I dont think he got slammed personally,the truth as it is and not what he believed it to be got presented.He isnt the only one to get re'routed on that subject,many people invested in that form of bci and got burned pretty good.

It doesnt get the respect it deserves without all the negitive drama,add in the Dennis Sargent lie and its a sad state of affairs
The Corn Isle Boa is the only thing that comes anywhere close to it.
As was mentioned in the KS thread there is a real chance the smaller,darker Honduran variants may well be what is known as Corn Islands.With the massive island sweeps done by smugglers/harvesters or importers through-out the Honduran/Central American regions in the earlier days
It would be highly probable that a few Corns got mixed in with other froms from near by islands.Only one or two caught in a days time would most likely be pitched in with the others caught from other islands and or from the mainland. When the crate was full enough to ship out, off they went.

Reports of so many(100's) comeing into port that they werent given much regard by the people tired of seeing them after a short while.

The crossing of the different locales could have been done very easily.Pretty well shoots a hole in the term purity.
IMO they rightly deserve much more respect then many of the morphs that cant come close to the looks displayed at any given time by a single animal.

I dont understand why many of the Nic morphs get all the fan fair they do none of them look any where near what these hondurans are capable of(on a daily basis)
But as most morphs go they only come in two colors,one is ground color and the other is saddle color/contrast over ground color what ever that may be add in a genetic pattern and people think the world just tilted

That Honduran form is ever changeing on a daily basis
like a living mood ring,as with other bci they also increase visual traits with maturity .

Anyway ...... just some random thoughts concerning the whole mess those fine hondurans seem to have landed in
do to someones greed and social importance.

M/

Old 05-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #10
INSANE CANES
Wow nice snake.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!