Spiderballs.net.....ROB.....Untrust Worthy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-01-2004, 03:11 PM   #1
snakebstr
Spiderballs.net.....ROB.....Untrust Worthy

Here is why I am posting this about him. I usually don't start stuff on the BOI but I feel that people need to know YOU CANNOT TRUST the "future in reptiles" spiderballs.net. Well I was contacted a few weeks ago via IM from ROB and he was wanting to work a trade for some stuff I had(guitar,amp,4-12cab and maybe some snakes) after talking with him on several IM's that I have printed out, We decided I was going to South Carolina and so was HE, So we would meet at the show to do the trade , well to make a long story short ROB never showed or contacted me. I called him several times to see if he was on his way or what the deal was. Never did here from him and still have not. I just don't think that someone that is supposed to be THE FUTURE in REPTILE should conduct business in this fashion. I lugged a guitar(EVH wolfgang 2300.00) and 4-12 cab and head (1500.00+) from friday-sunday for no reason at all, risking damage or even theft because he cannot keep his WORD, I think that is pretty crappy, Thanks A LOT ROB from Spiderballs.net. Thanks David

Old 11-01-2004, 04:01 PM   #2
gmherps
Rob who?

Old 11-01-2004, 04:10 PM   #3
Bringerofdoom
from the looks of it he runs his own forums, have your tried to contact him scince?
http://spiderballs.net/forum/profile...iewprofile&u=3

Old 11-01-2004, 06:37 PM   #4
PristinePythons
Rob...

I have never done business with rob but we have both talked about purchasing each others animals. I know a few very happy customers of his. Rob does run his own successful form. He seems like a stand up guy. I would have no problem doing business with him. I do not know the details in which your trade deal Consisted of.

Old 11-01-2004, 06:51 PM   #5
snakebstr
The deal was we were supposed to meet up in Greenville, SC and trade and it was a definate trade concerning the wolfgang guitar and the 5150ii EVH head and Cab for a few female pastels. It was a done deal is what ROB said but he never showed. I toted this stuff 6 hours from alabama to South Carolina for nothing I would have never brought the guitar and amp with me if we didn't have a deal. It was a lot of trouble to carry all of that stuff for nothin and not to say the temp and humidity that can mess guitars and amps up. If I didn't think he was a MAN of his word I would have never put these Items through the changes from my home for no reason. I am just saying ROB/SPIDERBALLS.NET cannot be TRUSTED AT HIS WORD. IF you tell someone you are gonna meet the to do a deal then you better be at that meeting, but I guess people are only as good as their word and his SUCKS. Because HE told me on several IM's that he didn't have a table but he would be at the show, I told him NO PROBLEM because I didn't want to carry the guitar and amp for nothing. I just think he Suck. See Ya DAVID

Old 11-01-2004, 07:09 PM   #6
PristinePythons
well...

I do see where your comming from!

Old 11-01-2004, 07:29 PM   #7
David Reid
I know Rob personally...

and he is a great guy. I also know that he has had computer problems recently due to several viruses. So, if you want great looking Ball Pythons, Boas, Dwarf Retics, or high end Geckos, I would order from him without hesitation. I have personally seen several Ball Pythons and Retics of his, all in perfect shape, and flawless as far as I could tell.

Old 11-01-2004, 07:33 PM   #8
screamdreams
David

I really hope something didn't happen on his end that just might have taken priority over the "trade".

Let's hope it was nothing too serious....

I guess what I'd like to stress here is, people seem to take things for granted anymore.

We "plan" things for tomorrow, next week, next year....taking for granted we'll be able to do so. God only knows what lies ahead for us each and every day. All I'm saying is, "maybe" just maybe something really important, beyond his control came up...it's just a thought.

No matter how many "BEARDED PETS" there are in the world I still try to stay positive

Peace

Old 11-01-2004, 07:34 PM   #9
joels417
LOL @ NOT TRUSTWORTHY

Rob has had plenty of chances to screw me over. I've done advertisements, web sites, logos, graphic work, etc etc etc..... for him. He tells me he's going to pay me this....and he does. He's always paid me what he said he was going to pay me or even more. He is a great guy to work for and trade and buy from.

I've gotten plenty of animals from Rob and all were as expected, healthy, and on time.

I would not hesitate to do business with him....especially this upcoming year....I want a butter.

Old 11-01-2004, 07:44 PM   #10
snakebstr
Well I never said anything bad about his animals, Hell I Never got to see him....LOL...he didn't show up. I guess the thing that bothers me is he has still not contacted me about our trade. Troy I understand things can happen but like I said I called the number he has on his website not once but atleast 6 times over the weekend, and left messages with a return number(cell phone) but still nothing and here it is monday night and nothin. Not even a sorry or anything. If this is the future in reptiles maybe that is why most of the shows are going to crap. But like I said I AM not knocking his animals I have not seen them, I am just the type of person that when you tell someone something you follow through with it. Your only as good as your word. see ya

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!