Anyone going to be at the MN Midwest Symposium 10/22-23? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 10-16-2005, 06:54 PM   #1
The BoidSmith
Anyone going to be at the MN Midwest Symposium 10/22-23?

There’s a good program and was wandering if anyone was planning on attending. I might be going.

http://www.midwestsymposium.org/

Quote:
The Minnesota Herpetological Society is proud to sponsor the 21st annual Midwest Herpetological Symposium. The symposium will be held October 22-23, 2005 at the Ramada Inn Airport & Thunderbird Convention Center, Bloomington, Minnesota (near the Mall of America). Speakers and banquet on Saturday and live animal sale on Sunday. Free hospitality suite on Friday night (October 21) at the hotel.

!!!Register Now!!!
Click here to download a registration form (PDF format).
Click here to download a registration form (html format).
!!!Register Now!!!

Saturday Schedule:
9:30 Welcome
9:45 Aaron M. Bauer
Herps and herping in India and Sri Lanka
10:15 Bert Langerwerf
The amazing tegu or keeping herps outdoors to prevent a ban on keeping them in captivity
10:45 Break
11:00 L. Lee Grismer
The amphibians and reptiles of peninsular Malaysia and adjacent islands
11:30 Bill Love
Taking better herp photos for fun and profit
12:00 Lunch
1:30 Jeff LeClere
The hardy herps of the north... An overview of Minnesota's herpetofauna
2:00 Speaker TBA

2:30 Mark Bee
Say what?!? Communication in frogs
3:00 Break
3:15 Ron Tremper
Galapagos: The future
3:45 Pieter Johnson
Sick and twisted: 10 years of amphibian limb deformities
4:15 Philippe de Vosjoli
The fourth wave: Toward a science of herpetoculture

Live Reptile Sale - Sunday, October 23 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Admission: Free with symposium registration, $7.00 to the public

Registration Form (PDF format)
Vendor contact information
Vendor Registration Form

Sponsored by The Minnesota Herpetological Society

Click here for information about Minnesota tourism

Free Hit Counter
Webmaster
Last update 11 October, 2005
Copyright 2005. The Minnesota Herpetological Society

Old 10-16-2005, 07:04 PM   #2
Otter_23
I'm going to the reptile show on Sunday but can't make the saturday talks. Would love to go though.

Old 10-16-2005, 07:09 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
Mark,

Maybe we can meet to chat. Do you happen to know which vendors are going to be there?

Regards.

Old 10-16-2005, 07:14 PM   #4
Cat_72
Cool.......we can't get there on Saturday either, but we're really looking forward to going on Sunday! It'd be really neat to be able to put some faces with names of folks on here!

Old 10-16-2005, 09:50 PM   #5
Otter_23
We will have to meet. I know that Garrick from crestedgecko.com said he is going to be there. I know a local breeder that will be there and sharing a table with a few others. Other than that I'm not sure. There are some I would expect to be there like Marc Bailey, Boaphile, Jodi Ahrens, Twin City Reptiles, but that is just speculation on my part.
Mark Westberg

Old 10-16-2005, 09:50 PM   #6
Bill & Amy
Same Here.

We will be going on Sunday as well. Can't wait to see everything!! I hope everybody has a safe trip! Watch out for the traffic I heard Vikings and Packers have a noon game next weekend!

Old 10-16-2005, 11:30 PM   #7
Jodi L Aherns
I hope to see you all here.A list of breeders that will be here.
Alex Hue
Marc Bailey
Tim Gualtieri
Ed Stone
Garrick DeMeyer
Mark Schmidtke
Craig Renier
Mark Chong
Vern Grassel
Daleena LIndquist
Janie Manaski
Scott Nellis
Russ Gurley
Eric Thiss
Mark Hauge
Russell Keys
Charles Black
Alyse DeVries
Gene Richardson
Reptile Mag.
Monte Myers
As you can see i have no table,I am out 100%.I will be all over the show stop me a say hello.

Old 10-18-2005, 09:48 AM   #8
Botar
As mentioned above, I'll be there. I'll have around 100 different species of tarantulas, 10 or so species of scorpion, and a few centipedes. I've never been to a Midwest Herp Symposium (nor have I been to Minnesota), but I'm looking forward to it.

Botar
www.botarby8s.com

Old 10-21-2005, 07:22 AM   #9
kare
Wink Come on over to Mn for the Symposium

Just dress warm! Our temps have dropped some and it's getting nippy out there. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you....hopefully, the booth I'm at will be the furthest from the arachnids.

-Kare

Old 10-21-2005, 08:27 AM   #10
The BoidSmith
Seriously now, how would I recognize people? I'll be the one with dark beard (some gray hairs!). Looking forward to meet some of you.

Regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!