Morph King Mojaves - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #1
RJBILBY
Morph King Mojaves

I was curious if anyone actually ordered and received one of the mojaves Morph King Reptiles was advertising for $800.00? When I contacted them about them, I was immediately told they already sold the "50" they had marked for this price. I was then quickly directed to the fact that I really didn't want one of these anyway since they were only for people who couldn't afford the lesser platinum. The lesser was what I wanted since it's the key to everything. I purchased nothing. Just curious about anyone else's dealing's with them.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:17 PM   #2
Ed Clark
Thumbs down morph king reptiles

rick,i have never ordered anything from morph king reptiles nor will i ever.who in there right mind would buy from an outfit like this.when you buy a ball python morph you are making an investment,therefor you are expecting to make a reasonable profit when your balls mature and reproduce.you do not want to have to compete with someone who has no regards towards your investment,and just slashes and under cuts everyone elses prices and breeding strategies.a good deal is one thing, but being a snake whore is something altogeather different.morph king reptiles is on my DO NOT BUY FROM LIST !

Old 08-09-2006, 08:12 PM   #3
RJBILBY
Mojave

I was just wondering if this was the old bait and switch routine?????????????

Old 08-09-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
joepythons
Thumbs down wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJBILBY
I doubt its the old bait and switch.Although the comment they made by saying they were for people who could not afford there other snakes was a poor excuse.If thats how the feel now about Mojave's whats next butters,DH albino pieds .I myself would never even think about even buying rodents from someone who thinks this way.I wonder how they would feel if someone did infact sell Mojave's at the same time but lower price then theirs.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:33 AM   #5
buckskin
Thumbs up Lesser and Mojave

I have just bought a 1.0 Lesser Platinum and a 0.1 Mojave. I understand why people are upset. It bothers me when I go into Home Depot, we used to have a great hardware store just down the street. Walmart, how can you compete with them? MKR is selling for 1/2 the price of other breeders prices. Will it continue? I don't know. But I will shop around for the best deal I can get . It might be at the bar at the Hilton in Daytona or MKR or one of you. Good luck to you all and may your clutches be fertile.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:49 AM   #6
hopedragons
check out reptile auctions . . .

Morph King has their mojaves for sale on reptile auctions for a starting bid of 800$ with no reserve beyond the starting bid.
Therefore I can only assume that they have some available since there are still some available on this auction.
Jessica Diebold

Old 08-10-2006, 09:57 AM   #7
Cat_72
I just looked through all of the Ball Pythons on Reptile Auctions, and I don't see MKR selling anything.....or any Mohaves at all?

Old 08-10-2006, 10:08 AM   #8
hopedragons
my bad . . .

Yeah, i noticed that they were not there this AM after i posted. They were there last evening but were either sold or the ads were pulled.
Sorry!
The starting bid was 800$ and i saw two had different bidders that had bid 800 yesterday afternoon.
I was tempted myself ;-)
Jessica Diebold

Old 08-10-2006, 10:10 AM   #9
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckskin
I have just bought a 1.0 Lesser Platinum and a 0.1 Mojave. I understand why people are upset. It bothers me when I go into Home Depot, we used to have a great hardware store just down the street. Walmart, how can you compete with them? MKR is selling for 1/2 the price of other breeders prices. Will it continue? I don't know. But I will shop around for the best deal I can get . It might be at the bar at the Hilton in Daytona or MKR or one of you. Good luck to you all and may your clutches be fertile.
I don't quiet follow your post. At once you seem to be opposed to the undercutting by referencing Home Depot and your local hardware store. Then you bring up Walmart and who can compete with them. Then you say you will shop around for the best deal you can get. Is it that you have decided the heck with it, its inevitable so why should I be the martyr with my money? Or are you seriously bothered by it but just get over it when the cash register rings up that cheaper price.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:15 AM   #10
Cat_72
Buckskin, you just bought a $2500 Lesser from MKR? How ya gonna feel when he's selling his lessers for $800 a few months from now? Will it still be a "good deal" then?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!