help! I want pics of vivs please - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-26-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
trapieter
help! I want pics of vivs please

hi everyone

I have my new vivs built to seperate my two males (finally) had months of everyone going "you have two males togethr???) lmao but no more! anyway, I have two vivs to decorate and they both have different personalities plus the tanks are bigger and the bark and branches wont fit! so I'm starting from scratch an need inspiration.

we are building a basking ledge, but not sure how or what shape yet...

basically I would love lots of pics of your set ups so I can yea ok ... steal your ideas lol.. NO! get inspiration! haha

so please please post me some I would be so happy and love you forever!

thanks! jojo xx

Old 01-26-2007, 10:50 PM   #2
whiskersmom
This first one is custom made by my husband.

And this is my 150 gallon.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:23 AM   #3
trapieter
WOW! THOSE SET UPS ARE AMAZING!
Think if my beardies saw them they would pack up and leave lol

those backgrounds look quite good actually, oh well we have marble affect tiles now
but it is helpful because we have lots of slate left from the fish tanks that we were going to use but I wasn't sure if it would get to hot on the basking spot but seems fine in yours so we can do it afterall. nice beardies too!

thank you so much for sharing them with me

jojo xxx

ps, where did you get that huge hide from on the second viv? al the ones I have seen are too small for beardies.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:00 PM   #4
whiskersmom
The hide is for ferrets and I think I bought it at Petsmart or Petco, somewhere like that. I knew Whiskers was going to need a place to brumate this last year and that was perfect. He spent two straight months in there, he doesn't sleep in it every night now but he still does from time to time.

Thank you for the complements....my husband says that I'm trying to be the Martha Stewart of the beardie world, hehehe!!! And by the way...that white powder on the bottom of both enclosures is crushed cuttle bone for calcium

Old 01-27-2007, 12:57 PM   #5
trapieter
I never thought of looking for another animals hide t'is a good idea my boys always go under there ledge into a blankie to sleep so thought a hide would suit them.

lol to the martha stewart... your doing a great job.

jojo xx

Old 01-27-2007, 01:47 PM   #6
Cat_72
Sherri, those are really beautiful!!

Ever consider loaning out your hubby to build some of those for me??

Old 01-27-2007, 09:03 PM   #7
trapieter
hi cat... wheres your pics only kidding lol

ok so far got some nice boulders with a green tint... and gonna use slate on basking point top but going to be rounded off into another ledge...

But I need more ideas!! so keep posting for me please

much appreciated

jojo xx

and I'll post you the finished product when done.. promise

Old 01-29-2007, 06:58 AM   #8
whiskersmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Sherri, those are really beautiful!!

Ever consider loaning out your hubby to build some of those for me??

Thank you Cat!!!! And I'd be happy to loan him out to you....what state do you live in? He doesn't eat too much, isn't too demanding and best of all....doesn't require UVB!!!!

Old 01-30-2007, 03:40 PM   #9
RobertII
Heres a pic of one of my enclosures.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:13 PM   #10
trapieter
hi robert, thank you for posting your viv. I really thought you were older lol I suppose I never check peoples profiles, didn't realise it was all on here to view!
you see you just can't get those hides over here, have you seen the pic of what I've done so far on reptile rooms?
might try and keep it simple. starting to wish I just used our old aquarium now...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!