Kevin Allan Peters, Tracy, CA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-14-2003, 11:19 AM   #1
ZX11
Stop! Kevin Allan Peters, Tracy, CA

Kevin Peters sent me an email stating he had several animals to get rid because his wife is pregnant. I wired the money. This 2-16-03. The next day, he said he was shipping via Airborne. The were venomous reptiles. He sent email says Airborne had them. I wrote back saying that was illegal. He sent over 80 emails saying they had been shipped, were being shipped, he sent them through Delta Dash and FedEx, too. Two weeks go by. He then says he does not have them and never did. They were a buddies' and it was his wife that was pregnant.
I wanted a refund. He said no, because the snakes belong to his buddy and he was responsible.
I called the police in Tracy, Ca and they went to talk with him about it. He then said he sent the money back via registered mail. That was 10 days ago. No animals, no money, no check.
He will not respond to emails or phone calls. The Tracy police have been back to his house. He will not open the door or talk to them again.
He is a liar and thief. I have stated facts and have saved all emails to prove it. He also tried selling the animals to several other people and I can prove that as they have sent me emails that he sent them even AFTER I paid for them.
Ifyou do not want your money, send it to him.
He also claims to be in Navy, he is not. He lives in Tracy, Ca not in Nevada, as he sometimes tells. He is a 23 year old child that does NOT have a venomous permit in ANY state.
DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS CROOK AND THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Email for full info......fischefather@yahoo.com

Michael Parkinson

Old 03-14-2003, 11:41 AM   #2
Darin Chappell
Michael,

Rather than answering several email requests, why not just post the full account (including emails) right here? That way we can not only see it now, but it will still be here in case anyone else ever does a search on this guy's name.

Sorry you got ripped off, though. That totally stinks, and I'm sorry the police haven't been able to be more helpful to your efforts. Why are they stopping their attempts to talk to him just because he won't open the door??? That doesn't sound right, does it?

Anyway, I'd like to see all of the info right here, if you could post it. Thanks.

Old 03-14-2003, 03:17 PM   #3
Wilomn
Get a hold of the Dept. of Animal Regulation in Tracy and tell them this guy had or has venomous reptiles in his house. They have to respond by law to every complaint recieved. They will most likely verify whether or not he has/had them and if he doesn't have permits they will procede legally.

Good luck,
wes pollock

Old 03-14-2003, 06:49 PM   #4
ZX11
I would love to post all the emails between Kevin Allan Peters and mtyself, however due to size, and his language content, I cannot.

As for the Dept. of Animal Regs, I did not have to notify them.
When I called Peters on his scam, he called the DNR telling them he had sent the animals to me and I did not have a permit.

{ Allow me to state, I do have a FL permit. This is where the animals were to be shipped and housed}.

This past Monday, I had eight DNR vehicles, numerous officers, Two county police cars, two cops, And Dept. of Family and Children Services show up, serach warrant in hand. They ravaged my house, my vehicles, and utility buildings. They found nothing.
The animals I do have are legal and properly housed.
The DNR said they received a call from a man in California saying he had sent them to me in Ga.
I told them I did buy them and allowed them to read the emails showing they were to go to Fl. Everything was ok.
But, since this is a scam related to highly venomous animals, they notified the authorities in Ca.
Kevin Peters hung himself. He sent the email selling the snakes. he accepted the money { I have that receipt }, he stated several times he was shipping the snakes, he said several times he was returning my money. He told Ga DNR, he sent the snakes.
He has no permit in any state. He told Ca he didn't know anything about this deal and he never had any snakes. All the while, he was trying to sell them to other people and I have the forwards from those people, too.
So, if he did not have them, what did he sell me? If he did not know anything about this deal, why did he sign for the money? why did he talk to the cops? If he did have the snakes, why not ship? Simply put, he got caught in a scam.
I am pushing for prosecution. I am sueing. It will cost more to fly out there, than the amount I sent him. He will have to pay fines, restitution, and court costs. So, I will get my flight money back.
The Dept of Family and Children were here to take my wife's kids because they were in "grave danger" from the animals never recieved. He WILL pay.

Old 03-14-2003, 07:07 PM   #5
MSL
I can't even begin to imagine how horrible it must have been for you and your family to go through that ordeal.

This guy should/must be punished. Please keep us informed as you go forward with the prosecution.

Meryl Lechner

Old 03-14-2003, 07:30 PM   #6
ZX11
Worse than that!!!!!!!!
All of our neighbors honed in on the action and word was spread that I was fined thousands of dollars, kids were taken, animals removed, I was jailed. Alot of crap got started and I'm mad as hell. He just don't know where he is headed!!!!!!!!!!
Michael Parkinson

Old 03-14-2003, 08:36 PM   #7
KNOBTAIL
You probably could have saved

yourself alot of trouble by just taking it to an attorney. The police are not going to interfere in civil matters. Secondly, you can sue for substanially more than this thief bargained for. Including alot of pain and suffering you and your family may have gone through by this thoughtless person. I would hurt him where it hurts the most, in his pocket book. JERRY TRESSER

Old 03-14-2003, 09:12 PM   #8
Wilomn
Just be sure to keep your cool. Don't do anything in the heat of the moment you might regret later. Buttwads like this guy really make me mad as well.

The only problem with trying to sue this loser is he may not have anything to get from him for the damages he's caused you. It's one thing to get a judgement and quite another to collect.

I hope you don't lose out completely on this but it doesn't sound good. Might want to give some consideration to a private investigator to see what he's worth of got that may be worth something.

Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll actually come across somthing really venomous and become another statistic. We can hope.

Old 03-14-2003, 09:26 PM   #9
KNOBTAIL
contrary to the previous post

even if he has nothing, getting a judgement would certainly affect him in the future and be a scarlet letter until he makes good. Even if he never makes good, a judgement will follow him in every facet of his life when credit situations arrise. Granted that the consolation in the short term is limited, but in the long terms it does have its rewards. JERRY TRESSER

Old 03-14-2003, 10:34 PM   #10
flammingcat
This really doesn't have anything to do with you getting ripped off by him, but maybe you should be thankfull he didn't send them, what would you have done, if the people who came to take the children away, would have found them reptiles? I don't know the laws, there, and if you can have them if they are secure where they can't get out, I have 3 children of my own so I guess that's why that stuck in my mind. I really hope you get your money back. It is really sad that people do other people like that, any online sell is really just a trust thing, and here lately, ther has been an awfull lot of "bad guy" post. I'am really glad this forum is here, I'm sure it really helps a lot of people. Good-Luck.
Shannon Hall

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!