Glue Traps are Evil, Heres why! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
Mooing Tricycle
Glue Traps are Evil, Heres why!

This guy was caught on a glue trap at my boyfriends mothers house.

His sister gave me a call to tell me they had caught a snake on one of their glue traps.... i told her NOT to try to take it off by any means and to leave it be until i could get there with some Vegetable Oil to help loosen him off as gently as i could.

In the end, Gordon ended up getting the little guy off with a buck knife and some Veggie Oil, and he saved him in a box for me to look at.

I didnt know what kind it was until last night ( thanks davey! ) and came to find out its an Eastern Milk snake!

His Left eye is hurt pretty badly and im not sure if hell ever be able to use it again. If he cannot, i plan to keep him, only because i would feel really bad to let a one eyed snake go, and not know if he was going to live or die, when he can live out his life with me. But if he can use the eye, and can hunt well, ill let him go, since he would probably prefer that over anything else. ^_^

Anyway, hes a GORGEOUS snake and im so excited because ive never seen one up here before... I think the only snakes ive seen wild are Water Snakes, Garters, and Ringnecks. So hes a GREAT find, though, its sad that we found him the way we did.

So without further ado, Meet Sticky!! ( Gordon liked that name hehe)

Old 06-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
LadyOhh
YAY STICKY!

Old 06-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #3
99Vengeur
Beautiful snake!! Hope everything works out for the best.....for both of you.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:56 PM   #4
iasc300
awesome Alicia- im glad everything worked out and you guys got him free- I hope he gets better- keep us informed please-

Old 06-05-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
ill definitely keep you all informed for sure!!! Thanks Guys! ^_^

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!