Info Rodentpro - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #21
reticguy76
250 bucks a bottle !!!! for panacur ???

Old 07-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #22
Focal
Just curious, but did she say why not to use the paste? Luckily, I've never had to use either yet.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #23
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
Just curious, but did she say why not to use the paste? Luckily, I've never had to use either yet.

please take that to the discussion forums or PMs (off topic)

thank you
-April

Old 07-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #24
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
She said the paste was designed for horses and it would be harder for me to dose, I was having a hard enough time understanding how to do the oral. But I like doing things that I was told, that way:

1. I dont screw it up
2. If I follow her directions and my animals health is affected, it would be her fault. If I dont follow her directions and try something else its my fault.
3. I dont mind spending the money to have a 1000mL bottle that 18 snakes will share at 0.1ml per pound. It stays good for two years as well.

But we are starting to get a bit off topic and I dont want none of ya'll getting infractions.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #25
reticguy76
i agree, it is off topic.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #26
garweft
So what did you take to get looked at buy the vet? The snake or just the worms in the water? Did the vet do an actual fecal or what? if so do you have the results to post?

Old 07-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #27
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
Frozen, and no I havent. This isnt a bad guy thread but an info thread, they have no need to defend themselves, yet. This is general info for people who use them to know that this is what I found, and if they feel it necessary to hold off feeding until I have a definite answer. Once I have confirmation that infact it was Rodentpros rats believe me I will contact Casey.

Then I have to ask what if you find out that they have nothing to do with the feeders? The damage is there already.

Regardless if you are right or wrong at this point, You state this is just a info thread and they need not defend themselves. People can hold off feeding which also translate for some holding off purchasing.

Sorry but that is just not fair to anyone.

The only thing you know at this point is you had parasites in your water bowl. I can think of a lot of reasons of how that could of happened.

Some people have had issues with shipments and some haven't but to be perfectly fair in this circumstance, I think you should have waited to find out the type of pinworm and more information.

Simply because you haven't noticed them before and the very circumstantial fact that you just started using a new supplier of rodents.

Also, yes I've read the embryos can survive up to 48 hrs frozen. Feeders are usually in the box longer than that being delivered. Plus frozen before and after delivery. I find it all highly unlikely but am very interested in the results.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #28
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post

Then I have to ask what if you find out that they have nothing to do with the feeders? The damage is there already.

Regardless if you are right or wrong at this point, You state this is just a info thread and they need not defend themselves. People can hold off feeding which also translate for some holding off purchasing.

Sorry but that is just not fair to anyone.

The only thing you know at this point is you had parasites in your water bowl. I can think of a lot of reasons of how that could of happened.

Some people have had issues with shipments and some haven't but to be perfectly fair in this circumstance, I think you should have waited to find out the type of pinworm and more information.

Simply because you haven't noticed them before and the very circumstantial fact that you just started using a new supplier of rodents.

Also, yes I've read the embryos can survive up to 48 hrs frozen. Feeders are usually in the box longer than that being delivered. Plus frozen before and after delivery. I find it all highly unlikely but am very interested in the results.

If the results come back clean I have no problem immediately posting such info. But to tell them hey u might have worms in ur rats will make them have to check their colonies, and run tests. The tests cost money and so does it to pay the employees to gather and such. I didnt want them to spend unnecassary time or money on sumthin that might not be their fault. The reason this is here is to let those who care know that they may wanna hold off feeding until I have conclusive test results back from the rats. Im not trying to slander or demean Rodentpro in anyway. Just with the coincidences combined with info from my vet it really didnt leave any other conclusion. And Id rather be safe to let someone know this might affect them, then be sorry I kept my mouth shut.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #29
Dennis Hultman
Actually, I find this to be a more likely source than frozen feeders.

Quote:
Ive actually been thinking about a large scale breeding of these lil anoles running around my yard, they arent native and are pretty abundant around here. I know the risks of feeding reptile to reptile cuz of the easy transfer of related illnesses and parasites.

But if I take the time to clean them up and set up a breeding program would anyone be interested in them?

The big ones get to be about 6-8 inches long.

Idk it just a thought I came across while reading another post.

Lemme know ur opinions!

Or maybe the live ones you bought locally.
This post was last year when you stated you were going with someone locally. That purchase of rodentpro was more than 8 months ago.

Quote:
Thats funny, when I got mine all the peach fuzzies were rolling around in the bag, "free roaming" i guess u could call it.

I was gonna use them again but I think I found a semi local breeder who will hook me up. Plus I still got about three months of food. oh well, to each his own
Links-

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=207700
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=210415

Quote:
I got some from rodentpro.com and after a lil research they have mostly the best prices, depending on what u want. Also they have everything from mice to quail, guinea pigs too. Takes a while for them to ship but they are big for ur buck, and are freshly harvested and individually frozen which is why it takes a lil bit to get them. No big pinkie "snow balls." Plus Casey is real professional and nice.
Quote:
It would be nice. But id need alot more of a variety of species before I get to rodent pros standards, I know cuz I buy from them!

I have it in the works, I just need a spot to breed and keep insect feeders for them. My mom said some interesting words when I brought the idea up to her. lol

Old 07-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #30
bullies&balls
from raising and breeding large exotic felines for over a decade, I can promise you that freezing does NOT kill the little critters inside. My federal inspector, who is also a vet and my vets, both farm and exotic have also said as much. The parasite goes into staysis, then when thawed the life cycle continues.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!