Attachment problem - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #21
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
If they delete the old ads then the trader ratings won't link up to the ad it was giving feedback for, at least that's the only reason I could see for keeping them... just playing devil's advocate.
So if the member who got the trader ratings, deletes his ad, then the trader rating gets deleted too? (Simply asking a question, didn't know that :O)

Old 05-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #22
polasian
Deleting old ads would not be necessary to prevent them from being resurrected. Simply locking said ads would be enough to do the trick. By keeping the old ads around, they'll be continually picked up by searches...which give the OP's and FC exposure/advertising/traffic.

As far as the attachment problem...we'll have to see what happens. If the programmers will be able to restore the attachments, then everything will obviously be back to normal. However, lets say that they wont be able to do so. Then it will be up to us (the membership) to roll up our sleeves and do our part.

Rich, if it turns out that the attachments are forever gone...would you want us to go back and edit some of our original pictures back in?

I'm NOT talking about EVERY pic we ever uploaded...but what I think people are most concerned about, are the "check out my critters" threads. Although the original meat (the pictures) of said threads are gone, the threads themselves could still be salvaged. Members can backtrack and edit their previous "picture" posts. By "edit," I mean replace the dead attachments with new ones. Or just link pics from any online image hosting service that they're using.

I think that updating (bringing back) the image content would obviously be beneficial. New users will be able to enjoy participating in these threads, just as much as we've enjoyed participating in them. It's also good networking and advertising (albeit indirect) for the people who've contributed posts w/attachments.

I know that only contributing members can edit their posts within the discussion forums. However, other users can simply quote their previous post and attach new pictures (true...some posts will be redundant and the chronological order will get confusing...but ).

Rich, I'd think you'd probably want to avoid having us running back to edit our posts. I don't know...just let us know if you think this could help. Anyway...for now lets just hope that your programmers will bring you some good news.

Having said that, though...I couldn't sleep last night, so I weeded through about 3/4th of my posts, replacing any lost attachments with the original images (but this time I linked them). Hindsight being 20/20, I guess I should have first waited to see if you even want us to do this

Old 05-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #23
polasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
So if the member who got the trader ratings, deletes his ad, then the trader rating gets deleted too? (Simply asking a question, didn't know that :O)
Nope...the trader ratings remain.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #24
WebSlave
The ability to post NEW attachments has been restored, but so far the old ones have not been recovered. Still working on that.......

Old 05-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #25
SamanthaJane13
Thank you, hon!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!