All these Longicauda.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-27-2010, 04:37 AM   #1
bigdogg
All these Longicauda....

I have been seeing tons of people post their pictures of the Boa Constrictor Longicauda. So I figured I would follow suit and put pics of mine up. Not sure what I am gonna do with these guys yet. But just beefing them up from their last owner. Let me know what you think.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
Metachrosis
Good looking snakes
Longtails aren't like Colombians,they dont do "fat" very well.
Lots of junk husbandry advise on Constrictor Longicauda out on the snake forums so please be conservative in their care,we would likely see more of them but folks keep kill'em

Old 04-27-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
TheFragginDragon
I love Longicauda's...especially anery's, but even normals are beautiful animals. I hope to get one or a pair someday. Nice looking John!!

Old 04-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
bigdogg
Yeah I don't keep any of my boas "Fat". I believe they dont' breed as well when they are obese. I really wish this female would have dumped babies for us John. Then you would have a pair for sure lol. Instead a Suriname female that came in with the group ended up dumping slugs. I wish these things were taken care of better by their previous owner. Cause the Surinames would have been INSANELY pretty.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
Great looking Longtail. Judging from the pictures, looks just about right to me. Other then just getting them on a regular diet, i wouldn't attempt "beefing" them up. Just my 2¢.

Nice looking animals. Always admired the Anery models, just never quite enough to get me one. LOL

Old 04-27-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
Metachrosis
Anery Constrictor Longicauda's are pretty sweet,but the black/yellow
issues anit nothing to sneeze at

Here are acouple true bred straight Harding Line
No out cross with these guys

Old 04-28-2010, 01:52 AM   #7
bigdogg
I say one word about beefing them up as they were thin and everyone thinks I am stuffing rats down their throat hourly lol. Not a newbie so don't worry they are in good hands. These along with all the other locality stuff I recently got is all from Dennis Sargent. So bloodline wise not sure exactly other then that. Thanks for all the comments. Hopefully can get some outdoor pics later this week if it ever warms up.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:58 AM   #8
zzilikebudzz
Great looking boas guys! I am thinking of picking up a female I just found. Do you guys think 100 plus like 45 in shipping is too much for one? I don't know much about them.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:46 AM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogg View Post
I say one word about beefing them up as they were thin and everyone thinks I am stuffing rats down their throat hourly.
Taking it a little personal ain't you? You mentioned beefing them up, I said they look pretty good like they are.

Didn't mean to damage your ego or anything.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:29 AM   #10
Metachrosis
A $100USD is way to cheap for a Longtails,I would question its origins
for future use.There are alot of scatter bred Constrictor Longicauda's out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzilikebudzz View Post
Great looking boas guys! I am thinking of picking up a female I just found. Do you guys think 100 plus like 45 in shipping is too much for one? I don't know much about them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!