For all the Single Ladies - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: Would you consider a long distance relationship?
Yes (if we have enough in common to possibly make it work) 7 53.85%
No (I have no desire for a long distance relationship... no matter what we have in common) 3 23.08%
Other --- PLEASE make a post and explain 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Southern Wolf
For all the Single Ladies

Would you be willing to consider dating someone from another state (or the other side of your own state) if you were both into reptiles and had other things in common as well.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
crissabella
I am open to the possibility of having a long distance relationship with the right guy, when i decide to reenter the dating scene. I would have to feel a real connection with him, just a real heartfelt, omg, this guy is worth the effort. I also would like him to share my passion for reptiles, because all the guys i have dated, they just didn't understand my fascination with them

Old 06-16-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
Miss Tuniwha
Ok.. long story short.. I met my (now) husband back when we were 14, when I lived in Minnesota.. A year later, my family moved to Wisconsin.. I lived in Wisconsin for 4 years, and happened to go back to visit some family in Minnesota, and ended up hanging out with Chris..

We got along.. he started driving the 4.5 hours (one way) drive to visit me in Wisconsin once a week..

Eventually stealing me from that state, and returning me to Minnesota, and marrying me and so on and so forth..

We just celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary last week.. (that poor, poor man)

That all being said.. had he not been able visit me on a regular basis.. I cannot imagine things working out. No physical contact? It would be very difficult to feel "loved" when you can't even look into someones eyes, or hug them etc..

It is possible, but not everyone's cup of tea!!!.. just like internet dating.. I have a friend who met a guy on one of those dating sites.. they just celebrated their 2 year wedding anniversary recently..

*shrugs*

Old 06-17-2010, 11:59 PM   #4
crissabella
Any other ladies out there willing to take a chance?

Hmmmmm, it looks like guys are more willing to chance a long distance relationship than us ladies, just from a couple of comments i've seen on the other poll.

I think this phrase is fitting for this particular subject-

"Speak now, or forever hold your peace", lol

Old 06-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
bloodybaroness
I've dated a man that lives in Dallas TX for a while, I'm in NC. Overall it worked out pretty well but the big expense came in the form of airfare. We split after about a year and are still really good friends.

Overall not a bad experience if you have the time and mental fortitude for it.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
LauraB
Absolutely! Of course, there has to be some chemistry, common interests, and plenty of communication first. But what the hell? The only regrets should be when one doesn't take a chance

Old 06-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
I voted No. There are always variables of course, but in general I have WAY too many trust issues to consider long-distance. I'm rather jaded and bitter.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #8
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
The only regrets should be when one doesn't take a chance

Ive been sayin this for a while now. Nice to see someone else say it too.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
The only regrets should be when one doesn't take a chance
Best quote of the year, you nailed romance, business, and life right there....

Old 06-19-2010, 01:27 AM   #10
LauraB
Thank you very much Lucille.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!