Inquiry on Jeane Best - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:42 PM   #31
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Jim F has talked to Jeane and I believe he knows that its Wendys mother, theres some things I have found out about Jeane that leads me to believe she is being treated unfairly because of her daughter. I believe in letting her prove her goodness and will treat her as she treats me. If that dont sit well with you Wes then dont buy from her, but I think you have alot of nerve telling people who they should buy from. and by the way these geckos are not cheap. just wanted to make that clear. Wes I really dont understand why you are always posting in an angry and attacking way. wouldn't a pleasant and friendly demeaner be more enjoyable for everyone?
Jim Flaherty has demonstrated a distinct lack of objectivity toward any situations involving either of the Childs, despite numerous instances in which the Childs have demonstrated a complete lack of ethics toward their business transactions.

Exactly what information do you have that leads you to believe that Jeane has not been a party to the many scams perpetuated by Wendy?

Old 04-16-2007, 09:56 PM   #32
monkeywrench133
Ed, I have to ask: What was the point of you posting this thread?

You know Jean and Wendy's reputation just as well as anyone else who's been around here for a while. And if you didn't, you could have done a search and come up with the exact same info you're being given now.

And it sure seems to me that you had your mind made up all along to make this purchase regardless of what anyone else had to say.

So, what do you hope to accomplish?

Just bored and wanted to stir up some drama? Want to set yourself up as a martyr to the cause of being an open minded guy?

If you really, genuinely want to give Jean a chance to prove everyone wrong, why didn't you do the deal first, and then report the positive? Why dump this on the BOI now?

I also find it hard to believe that these geckos are such a good deal that no reputable breeder couldn't meet the price.

So why Ed? Just Why?

Old 04-16-2007, 10:17 PM   #33
Ed Clark
Erin, a couple quick answers for you. I remember reading about wendy childs after someone brought it up, then they connected the two of them. when I did a search on jeane best nothing came up. I tweaked the name a bit and the threads came up after I posted this.

They are not a good deal, price wise. but they are sub adult and adult females that you can't buy anywhere. you asked why I did an Inquiry on here. because thats what this board is for... to ask for input on someone you would like to buy something from. I recieved 2 messages from people that I had sold to in the past, both from Washington state with good things to say about her, after they made purchases from her. Erin do you now see why I used the BOI? I recieved the positive feed back I needed to go foreward with this purchase. I hope it can serve you as well as it did me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench133
Ed, I have to ask: What was the point of you posting this thread?

You know Jean and Wendy's reputation just as well as anyone else who's been around here for a while. And if you didn't, you could have done a search and come up with the exact same info you're being given now.

And it sure seems to me that you had your mind made up all along to make this purchase regardless of what anyone else had to say.

So, what do you hope to accomplish?

Just bored and wanted to stir up some drama? Want to set yourself up as a martyr to the cause of being an open minded guy?

If you really, genuinely want to give Jean a chance to prove everyone wrong, why didn't you do the deal first, and then report the positive? Why dump this on the BOI now?

I also find it hard to believe that these geckos are such a good deal that no reputable breeder couldn't meet the price.

So why Ed? Just Why?

Old 04-16-2007, 10:24 PM   #34
monkeywrench133
OK Ed, thank you for answering. What you said makes sense. Obviously there were things that I wasn't aware of, that's why I asked.

I hope the deal goes well for you, I really do.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:12 AM   #35
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs
Great to deal with! Send that money asap!!
Ed, If your going through with the deal Why did you give me a Neg for my post?

Old 04-17-2007, 12:37 AM   #36
Scott Ashton
Quote:
when I did a search on jeane best nothing came up. I tweaked the name a bit and the threads came up after I posted this.
When you use the name Jeane Best in the search function a total of 22 threads are displayed. Three of which (not including this thread) have Jeane Best in the title of the thread.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:53 AM   #37
Otter_23
Quote:
Erin, a couple quick answers for you. I remember reading about wendy childs after someone brought it up, then they connected the two of them. when I did a search on jeane best nothing came up. I tweaked the name a bit and the threads came up after I posted this.

They are not a good deal, price wise. but they are sub adult and adult females that you can't buy anywhere. you asked why I did an Inquiry on here. because thats what this board is for... to ask for input on someone you would like to buy something from. I recieved 2 messages from people that I had sold to in the past, both from Washington state with good things to say about her, after they made purchases from her. Erin do you now see why I used the BOI? I recieved the positive feed back I needed to go foreward with this purchase. I hope it can serve you as well as it did me.

Ed it seems to me you are just looking for some one to validate in your mind the excuse to buy these geckos. It seems you are just looking for positive and not the whole picture. I get frustrated that even with all the thread on people ripping people off, having poor customer service etc... that people who have no self control and need instant gratification continue to support these people and in the process of taking the chance they continue to support. So your deal may work out and be good but will it make you feel better when she uses the money you paid to put more ads up and provide bad deals to countless others. In my opinion those who have the information and still choose to support less than honest, unethical or questionable people are just as detrimental to this hobby/business as those that are being less than honest, unethical and pure scum.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:56 AM   #38
Ed Clark
Scott, try jeanebest with no space between the names. haha that was my first try at it, never claimed to be smart!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Ashton
When you use the name Jeane Best in the search function a total of 22 threads are displayed. Three of which (not including this thread) have Jeane Best in the title of the thread.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:00 AM   #39
Ed Clark
Mark, have you read everything about this? it seemed to me all the bad was done by Wendy and not her mother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter_23
Ed it seems to me you are just looking for some one to validate in your mind the excuse to buy these geckos. It seems you are just looking for positive and not the whole picture. I get frustrated that even with all the thread on people ripping people off, having poor customer service etc... that people who have no self control and need instant gratification continue to support these people and in the process of taking the chance they continue to support. So your deal may work out and be good but will it make you feel better when she uses the money you paid to put more ads up and provide bad deals to countless others. In my opinion those who have the information and still choose to support less than honest, unethical or questionable people are just as detrimental to this hobby/business as those that are being less than honest, unethical and pure scum.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:57 AM   #40
Otter_23
Although her mother was not as bad as Wendy she is implicated right there with Wendy, several of the threads address both Wendy and her mother. Let's face it Ed, Wendy had to learn her values and ethics somewhere and I'm of the belief in this situation (after having read several of the threads) that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I just think you are being niave to think Jeane wasn't more involved in Wendy's business then you think.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!