How was Daytona? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-21-2004, 03:07 PM   #1
snakegetters
How was Daytona?

So what did everybody pick up at Daytona? I acquired 0.1 Bungarus flaviceps and 1.2 Bothrops asper.

John Tashjian, a veteran herp photographer, is still in town from the IHS and staying with me to photograph various specimens of interest. We're also archiving some of his awesome slide shows to CD over here, and it's been a fun project. I get to drool over slides of rare and exotic vipers that I probably don't have a hope of getting my hands on. But I can certainly wish!

Old 08-21-2004, 05:20 PM   #2
Dan W
Tanith,
Sounds like you made out like a bandit. Unfortunately I was unable to go this year. How was the selection of hots this year? I have always been quite fond of the Bothrops. I have had B. alternatus but love the genus. They are very neat snakes. The B. jararacussu would be awesome to have. So how would you describe the Fer-de-lances that you acquired as far as handling and temperaments go?

Thanks,
Dan

Old 08-21-2004, 05:50 PM   #3
snakegetters
They're just little ones, but so far I would describe them as being agile and able to climb hooks like an arboreal viper, fangs like Bitis, wiggly and fast like an elapid, and the temper of a nasty C. atrox.

I'm importing the antivenom for these guys IMMEDIATELY, put it that way. LOL

Old 08-22-2004, 10:38 AM   #4
Mustangrde1
I finally am recovered from the show. 1 female Naja Pallida 1 female Naja polyocelat 1 male Naja Kaouthia mates on the way for all of them from Mitch at Diamond Reptile when they hatch als 1 male Popes viper to add to my colony 2 arizona mountain kings 1 leuc tx ratsnake 1 albino cali king.

Mitch if you read this these cages are very empty could you knock on the door of the cobra eggs and tell them their room is reserved and heuury up. Outstanding animal man all feeding and looking spectacular. cant wait for the rest.

Special thanks to the wonderful woman who had ample coffee on hand sunday.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!