Some People Really P*ss me Off!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 06-29-2003, 03:16 PM   #1
parisjarred
Unhappy Some People Really P*ss me Off!!!

I need to vent so hear goes. I have gone through some of the stages of grief and now I am at ANGRY. Earlier today (at 6:30am) I was awoken by the sounds of one of our ponies making quite a racket. Running around and whinnie noises all over the place.

I got up to find that mamma pony had sometime between 3:30am and 6:30am gotten out of our pasture, and baby was not happy.

I went for a drive looking for her. I walked to the neighbors houses looking for her. I went to the local store thinking someone had maybe seen her. No luck, so I left a note on the counter for anyone who might see her to please call me. This was 7am.

At 8:15am I decided to take baby for a walk to see if he could find mamma. I was a 1/4 mile from the house when he found her. On the side of the road in a ditch. Needless to say I was very very upset. Someone had hit her with their car and didn't even stop.

I know this is partially MY fault, because she did get out of my yard/field.

What I don't understand is that how does someone NOT see a pony on the road. She is not that hard to see. It was not on a blind corner or anything like that. I still am upset and sad. But I am also VERY VERY angry.

This is not the first time one of my animals has been hit on the road where I live. The first time it was my 13 year old german shepard who was standing at the end of my driveway and someone swerved (on purpose into my driveway) to hit her.

Thanks for letting me vent, I was very upset.

Old 06-29-2003, 06:07 PM   #2
meretseger
I understand how someone hit a pony. I don't understand how someone didn't stop. I've stopped for bunnies before. Sorry about your pony.

Erin B.

Old 06-30-2003, 12:12 AM   #3
Rob BryertonRKK
Hi, Unfortunately I am no longer surprised by the heartless actions of some human beings. We can only hope these people get what they deserve.

I'm very sorry about your Dog and now your Pony
Sincerely,Rob

Old 06-30-2003, 12:59 AM   #4
Uffern
I'm going to be honest, if I rounded a turn and your dog was in the road, and I couldn't stop in time, I would hit it. I would not swerve to miss it, though, as dog X's life is not worth risking my own. However, people who swerve to hit an animal are not only sick, they are stupid. A mid sized dog can break a radiator. I can't imagine a vehicle other than a dumptruck hitting a pony and not sustaining severe damage. There is really nothing you can say about people who would do that.

Old 07-29-2003, 07:57 PM   #5
jenn_jeffery
I'm so sorry! This happened to a friend awhile back, fortunately, hers was a gelding and not trying to raise a baby. Her horse had gotten out of the yard, someone's fault, as they didn't shut the gate when they left, and someone hit him. This was a BIG horse too, 16 hands something, and they didn't stop. Thankfully the other horse that escaped with him wasn't hit. I really hate this for you, hopefully the baby will be ok with out his mamma around.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!