Hay's Haven - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-12-2003, 11:46 PM   #51
gila7150
Gary, can you tell us how your vet diagnosed the geckos with Streptococcus Pneumonia? In other words, were some kind of diagnostic tests performed or was this just a physical exam?

Are you actually telling us that one of your fat tail geckos died less than 24 hours after being exposed to the leopard geckos? Do you really believe that your healthy fat tail could contract Streptococcus Pneumonia from your leopard geckos and be dead the very next morning?

Also, Do you admit that the breeder of the fat tail geckos replaced them...and if so, why?

Old 06-12-2003, 11:52 PM   #52
gwbolton
other five

ah no they where not sick. it is common practice when you get a sick animal shipped in a group you give all animals meds just in case it spreads. is just a better safe then sorry thing too do.
yes the albino where affected an died. not saying it was your fault. because Damin just reminded me about shipping after 9-11 might have been some of the headace too. but they didn't get sick due to anything i did. and i thought after i called you we had it worked out. then this all happen. as i stated i will post the vet letter. proving they where sick and died. once that is done it is up to you. if you don't honor your orginal agreement ok hey i lose 150.00. yes i'll be mad but that an a quarter will buy you a cup of coffee. I just don't like the way you treated me. i was straight with you, i expected the same back.

gary bolton

Old 06-13-2003, 12:01 AM   #53
gwbolton
no the fat tail didn't die in 24 hours, and the breeder offer to help me get back on my feet breeding fat tail with a special deal. since him an i are friends and he wanted to help me get started out right. plus as he put it i never disagreed over price i always dealt in a fair business like manner. is the way i try to be. but when you get one like the albinos in an are told they are servely sick and you haven't had them for 24 hours and one dies and then the other 2 die even after you try what the vet tells you to do. an the others guy treats you as i have been treated. hey if he would have asked i would have even helpped paid for shipping the new geckos. no instand i get treated like a cow pie.

so now i'm pissed off.......................

gary bolton

Old 06-13-2003, 06:58 PM   #54
gwbolton
vet report.

just got off of phone with asst. to dr shaw. he won't have me letter ready til monday. i can pick it up when i stop in for my 1:30 appt. all she said was some kind of problem at the animal shelter needed his attention. i know some will say this is just an excuse, but sorry it isn't #### happens. an for this area of penna. we are now in the flash flood alert time. has rain 4 out of 7 days for the past 3 to 4 weeks. anyone got a raft..

gary bolton

Old 06-17-2003, 03:58 PM   #55
gwbolton
vets letter showing i was not at fault

LINCOLN HICHWA Y VETERINARY CLINIC
1833 LINCOLN HIGHWAY EAST
LANCASTER, PA. 17602
717-393-2444
June 16, 2003
To Whom it May Concern:
On September 3, 2002, Mr. Gary Bolton brought three leopard geckos to
my office. One of the geckos had died, and the other two geckos were
very lethargic and not eating. An autopsy was done on the expired gecko
which revealed fluid in the lungs. The other two geckos were sent home
on a liquid tetracycline that was to be given at two drops twice a day by
mouth for each one.
It is my best opinion that these geckos died from a stress related
pneumonia, perhaps accelerated by travel to their new home. If you have
any questions, please do not hesitate to call me at the above number.
Sincerely,

Dr. Nasir Shah, DVM
so since they where sicl on arrival i ask for my 150.00 back asap.

gary bolton

Old 06-17-2003, 04:06 PM   #56
Asuncion7
Post a scanned copy

You need to post a scanned copy, and attach it or hyperlink it or something, anyone could have typed that. Also, if this is from a vet it says stress related Pneumonia, I thought you said it was Strep????? If it was Pneumonia, it doesn't say it was a prior condition, it appears as though the vet felt it was caused by transport????

Old 06-17-2003, 04:07 PM   #57
The BoidSmith
Gary,

It's a good start but it seems as if this was typed. You need to scan that letter (with letter head, signature, etc.) and post it here.

Old 06-17-2003, 04:14 PM   #58
gwbolton
that is a scan copy i can email thefile to anyone or if you have a fax i can fax it to you. here is a photo of the letter just in case
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2003, 04:15 PM   #59
gwbolton
sorry forgot to add name

sorry

gary bolton

Old 06-17-2003, 04:16 PM   #60
Asuncion7
OH WAIT

sorry I reread and it says accelerated by transport...still wondering about the strep though

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!