Bingeing Netflix - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 11-01-2014, 04:36 AM   #41
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
"Own, from $12.99. Digital exclusive. Currently no available on disk." ? What exactly do you "own"?
Digital Exclusive Currently not available on disc = I honestly don't know what this means

What exactly do you own = You own a digital copy (not physical disc) stored in their Cloud, you can see what you own in your "My VUDU" tab. Allows you to ditch the physical hard copies of DVDs.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:56 PM   #42
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Digital Exclusive Currently not available on disc = I honestly don't know what this means

What exactly do you own = You own a digital copy (not physical disc) stored in their Cloud, you can see what you own in your "My VUDU" tab. Allows you to ditch the physical hard copies of DVDs.
Eh, not exactly "ownership". I've been checking and some of the newer titles are running around $15. I've never much felt like I have had to be the first on my block to watch a new flick, so I can wait for the price to drop. For $15 I might as well just get the blu-ray disk when it becomes available. I've figuring on $1 to $5 to watch something. Anything more than that and it just is not worth it to me. It's a rare event to watch something that I feel is worth even as much as a quarter.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:01 PM   #43
Robert Walker
Quote:
Eh, not exactly "ownership". I've been checking and some of the newer titles are running around $15. I've never much felt like I have had to be the first on my block to watch a new flick, so I can wait for the price to drop. For $15 I might as well just get the blu-ray disk when it becomes available. I've figuring on $1 to $5 to watch something. Anything more than that and it just is not worth it to me. It's a rare event to watch something that I feel is worth even as much as a quarter.
For our family, we only buy certain things whether digital or physical, movies that the kids will watch over and over again OR T.V. series for the adults. To fork over $15 bucks for a movie to be first, yah I agree, I don't need to be first in line either.

T.V. Series is were I have found the best success and best value for your money. $10 - $30 dollars you could buy entire seasons of a show = 10-20hrs of viewing content. I am way more into series than just a 2 hr movie.

Besides Walking Dead on Netflix, these three are my favorite value:

Season of Survior = $10 bucks, 12 episodes, about $1 hr.
Season of Game of Thrones = $30, 10 episodes, $3 hr.
Season of Homeland = $20, 12 episodes, $2 hr.

I now don't have to buy HBO or Showtime.
Last thing then I will get off my soapbox...

You can travel anywhere and have access to your cloud library. Went on vacation last year, able to bring up our VUDU account and watch shows in the hotel.

Not for everyone, but we have found success

Old 11-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #44
sschind
I don;t have netflix because I know I'd be awake until 4 in the morning and be useless the next day. When I had the DVDs delivered it was not uncommon for me to get one disc of a particular season of shows and watch the entire thing in one night so I could send it back the next day. Usually 4 hour long shows or 7-8 half hour ones.

Right now I have 3 or 4 seasons of Criminal minds to watch and about the same number for the big bang theory before I can start anything new.

As far as shows go I don't really know much about anything you guys are talking about but about 3 months ago I noticed my local library had gotten in season 3 of "Shameless" I love William H Macy so I checked and they had season 1 so I got it. I watched all 12 episodes in three nights, got season 2 and did the same an checked out season 3. I think that one took me 4 nights to get through because I had something going on one night and only got to watch 2 episodes. WHM is excellent as usually and the writing is great. Despite the fact that there is not a single likeable character in the whole show its one of my favorites. If you haven't looked into it I highly recommend it.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #45
rcarichter
I pay $9/month for Netflix. I've watched every episode of Breaking Bad, Dexter, and Walking Dead, so I feel I've gotten my money's worth for at least the last few months. Plus, we travel often, and when you're out of the country, Netflix offers a much larger selection of movies. Haven't figured that one out yet, but it's a good thing. I also love their file-sharing. You can give anyone your login info, and they can watch from their own computer. Netflix is okay with this, and even gives you a place to enter which 'who's watching' so it can save everyone's preferences.

Noelle

Old 11-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #46
WebSlave
Connie and I actually watched the History Channel last night for a bit. There was a video series concerning the Oak Island treasure that I had read a bit about a while back that was interesting. But I sure don't like having to watch commercials again. Especially when the same one is played over and over again between each segment.

This Roku stick seems pretty seamless with the wireless network and the blu-ray player. But I have a feeling that there is going to be a whole lot of garbage I will need to wade through before finding where the real nuggets are located.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #47
Lucille
Tonight I start bingeing Helix "Summoned to an Arctic research facility to investigate a possible outbreak, a team from the Centers for Disease Control makes a shocking discovery: The outpost is host to a previously unknown virus that could wipe out every human on the planet."

For those of you with Netflix, watch Snowpiercer. A chilling piece about what might happen if those ham handed gummints get too enthusiastic about reversing global warming.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #48
WebSlave
Well so far this Netflix thing seems OK and likely worth the monthly fee. But honestly just about every night there will be some sort of outage or problem with it. For a few nights I had to re-log in every time we wanted to watch something, which was a real pain in the butt using the remote. A couple more nights of that and I would have surely pulled the plug on it.

Somehow we stumbled on a series called "Bridezillas" trying to find another decent movie to watch. Holy moly! I've never much felt the inclination to punch a woman in the face, but I get to feeling that a LOT watching that show. And the guys (grooms) are no better. They have to be dumber than dirt, or just downright desperate, to go through with the wedding with those creatures they hooked up with. Of course, from the hints you can see, looks like some of them are "shotgun weddings" anyway. Netflix apparently only has the very later seasons (9 & 10?) so I guess we'll burn through that one pretty soon. Every once in a while Connie will tap me on the arm while we're watching that and say "see how lucky you are?"

But I can see where you would quickly run out of decent movies to watch and then just be wasting your time watching garbage to fritter away your time. So it may be that we will need to cancel the subscription every now and again to wait for newer movies to go online. I guess it's better than actually buying the movies and then wind up just taking a box of them to Goodwill to get rid of the clutter.

Old 11-28-2014, 04:37 PM   #49
rcarichter
Just the fact the Bridezillas stayed on for 10 seasons speaks volumes of our society.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #50
Lucille
Quote:
Well so far this Netflix thing seems OK
The other helpful site besides Instantwatcher is www.rottentomatoes.com. While I don't alway agree with them, there is no doubt that a search of their reviews plus the percent of positive audience response is a way to winnow through movies that might be listed by Netflix but which are real dogs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!