Arizona Locale Rosy Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-20-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
Amelanistic Orca
Arizona Locale Rosy Question

Wanting to confirm that it is alright to buy a CBB Az locale rosy boa and have it sent to my home in Az?? Simple question, recent debate on the issue, I did call Az Game and Fish, asked the question three different times, three different ways, to three different people... They say you can, I thought with many others that you can't purchase native az wildlife and keep and own it.. Breeding and selling are seperate issues that we don't need to touch base on, as I will not be selling any of them, obviously.. Just want them for my personal reasons.. Wanted some confirmation from anybody else at this point.. Also, wanted to set the record straight, this question has prevented me from owning a pair of Harquahala rosys' for quite a while now, years!! 602-942-3000 is where I got my answer.. That is the Az G & Fish.. Now, who's got the nice locale stuff from AZ!! lol...

Old 02-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
http://www.azgfd.gov/pdfs/h_f/regula...egulations.pdf

if you haven't seen this already.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #3
AncientDNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle

Good info...but does it mean you're only allowed to possess 4 AZ rosies at any one time?
If that's the case, it seems rather restrictive to me.
I'd rather call the Fish & Game and have them translate that document.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
Amelanistic Orca
I am guessing I had that read to me over the 25 minutes I was on the phone with someone at the AZ Game and Fish talking for Officer Ron Day, supposedly a breeder himself, and ociffer of the law, lol, and the possesion limits are for yearly takings if collecting them outta the wild... So, my understanding from them, cause I did tell them my intentions to immediately purchase an entire plethora of them, there was still no problems with me buying them outta state, or course, CBB, and could/can do so as I pleased with no limits.. Now, I am still looking for opinions.. I appreciate, the input everyone.. Thanks...

Old 02-21-2008, 09:43 AM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientDNA
Good info...but does it mean you're only allowed to possess 4 AZ rosies at any one time?
If that's the case, it seems rather restrictive to me.
I'd rather call the Fish & Game and have them translate that document.

i agree..

Maybe there just isnt a law regarding it? If there arent any laws, it cant be illegal! ( sometimes heh) Maybe thats why they are telling him on the phone that its alright?

Old 02-22-2008, 08:03 AM   #6
Amelanistic Orca
Oh yeah!!! I mean; in reality, why not, really?? I am not flippin rocks over in the deserts of my hometown, lets not forget, it will be a dollar two twenty three (lol) in the desert this summer, which is almost upon us early here in AZ.. Hopefully not, but, there is plenty of people pilfering the deserts of AZ. and Cali. for these inexpensive little gems, I just want some nice parasite and damage free CBB Az Rosy Boas.. Really no one cares I am sure, but I sure do!! By the by, how many confirmed locales are there in AZ for the super hotshots out there?? 7? 5? I don't know right now?? Thanks..

Old 02-22-2008, 12:45 PM   #7
BajaBoas
Check out localityrosys.com for all the AZ localities. There are more than 7.
Ryan S.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:09 AM   #8
Amelanistic Orca
Mr. J. Columbus kindly informed me of about 13 locales as of now.. I am super impressed and pleased with that!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!