Baby rosy ?'s - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-27-2006, 01:47 AM   #1
aliceinwl
Talking Baby rosy ?'s

My female borrego, Princess, had four babies on Saturday, Sept 23 They're all about a foot long and seem very healthy. How long does it usually take before they go through their first shed? I'm assuming, that they need to shed before I start offering food? I'll try to get pics posted soon. They're incredibly cute and I've already got a good home lined up for at least one after I get it eating.

-Alice

Old 09-27-2006, 05:08 AM   #2
markface
congrats on the babies !! from what i have been reading their first shed should be within a week to 10 days after birth . most recommend waiting til they shed to try feeding although sometimes they will eat sooner .

Old 09-27-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
lds2
My baja Rosy just had seven babies last Sunday. All seven are now in shed. My experience with baby Rosy's is that they will go into shed anywhere from 2 to 14 days from birth. Keep in mind that they will probably go off feed for a while with the winter coming up.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:12 PM   #4
AncientDNA
Have they shed yet? I love the Borregos. Post pics.
If they feed right out of the gate, then go for it. No need to wait 'till they shed. I fed my hypo Borregos a couple of hours after they were born. I think three of the six ate then and there. The others waited a few days.

Old 10-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #5
aliceinwl
No sheds yet. So far one has eaten. I'm going to offer again this week. I keep meaning to pick up some AA's for my flash. Hopefully, I'll get some pics up this week. It looks like 3 boys and 1 girl. A couple of them are pretty fiesty, is this something they'll outgrow?

-Alice

Old 10-03-2006, 09:06 AM   #6
AncientDNA
Don't ya just love that defensive posturing. Most won't bite, just tap you w/their nose. Effective tho the first time you come across it.
The vast majority will grow out of it.

Old 10-03-2006, 10:01 PM   #7
aliceinwl
That's good to hear! Mine actually bite I have three adult borregos, two of which I raised from babies, and they're all sweet hearts and have been fom day one. Last night I got 3 to take frozen thawed (still one hold out) and while I was feeding one the others would be coiled up lunging at me. I was starting to worry Princess had given birth to a litter of psychopaths.

-Alice

Old 10-04-2006, 01:40 AM   #8
Brendan E
Cant wait for the pics.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!