MARK MILLER IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:58 AM   #1
raybueno
MARK MILLER IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Miller has stolen baby boas belonging to my brother and I. I will start from the beginning so everyone can know of what kind of person Mark is.

In early February 2007 Mark and I had a discussion about doing some breeding loans with him. Not long after it was decided that my brother and I would send Mark three of our snakes on loan for breeding. These breeding’s are as follows: The first was our triple-het male bred to Marks anery het albino female, the second was our motley male bred to Marks possible super sunglow female (she proved out), and last was our female snow would be bred to Marks motley het albino. Mark and I came up with very specific breeding contracts for these breeding’s. I have the three of the signed contracts. Mark and I both signed them. I have them if anyone would like to see them.

In August of 2007 Mark came to the Rocky Mountain Reptile Expo in Denver, CO. Mark took our triple-het male, motley male, and snow female back to Kansas with him after the show.

All is well until the breeding starts. Mark never called to update me on the progress or lack of with any of the breeding’s. This was the start to our nervousness with Mark. I called Mark every couple weeks to check up on our animals and see how the breeding was going.

Mark was very excited about the motley to sunglow breeding because our male was doing his job quite well.

The anery het albino was not so good. Mark told me on one occasion that he didn’t think the anery was big enough to breed and was nervous. I told him if he was worried not to breed her. Mark then told me he had already placed our triple-het male in with an albino female and he had been actively courting her. Again we were nervous because Mark had just done this and didn’t contact us before doing it.

The snow breeding was going very poorly because Mark had received a less then breedable motley het albino from Jeremy Stone. Mark informed me that the motley het albino was not showing any signs of interest in the snow female so he put his proven triple-het male in with her. Again this had happened without our knowledge. Dustin and I were very upset about this. Mark didn’t seem to think it was a big deal.

About one month later I again call Mark to see how things are going with the breedings. Once again Mark had made a decision regarding our animals without informing me. Mark told me he had placed our motley male in with our snow female in hopes of not wasting her for the season due to the fact his males were not courting or breeding her. I asked Mark if our motley male should be introduced to another female since he had already bred one female. Mark told me our motley was fine and was actively courting/breeding our snow female.

Mark also informed me he had placed our triple-het male in with his anery het albino female. Mark stated he thought she looked big enough so he went ahead and placed him with her. Mark told me he also had placed his triple-het male in with the anery het albino female as well. Once again my brother and I were very frustrated with Mark but he again did not think much of making decisions with our animals.

On May 31st, 2008, Mark sent me a text message on my cell phone stating the sunglow female proved out to be a super sunglow and we had seventeen healthy babies. All of the babies were hypo. There were 5.5 hypo motleys het albino and 3.4 double het sunglows. We were very excited about this litter but didn’t have much to go on because we couldn’t get Mark to send pictures. Mark promised time and time again to send pictures but it didn’t happen. Nearly a week passed before we had pictures of the litter. This was very frustrating.

We traveled out to Mark’s house the next weekend. Prior to going I informed Mark of our intentions to split the babies and take ours home. When we arrived Mark acted very weird about us taking our animals. Mark kept stating he didn’t want to split them up this early. This was frustrating for two reasons, one my brother and I had driven eight hours to Mark’s house to pick up our half of the litter, and two I had told Mark over the phone this was the plan. Mark denied any knowledge of us coming to pick up our animals. I insisted on the split before we went home. Reluctantly Mark sat down and sexed the animals. Once that was finished we split them up equally. Mark thought at the time there was 6.4 motleys and he was given the fourth male. We took the extra double het sunglow. Mark agreed with everything and we packed up to drive home. As we were getting in the car Mark made a statement that I should have dealt with then and there but I didn’t. This would be my biggest mistake to date. Mark said “I hope we have another litter of motleys to split soon.” We then drove home with our babies. On the way home Dustin and I spoke about this comment and decided we would just wait and see if it became a problem. We have known Mark for quite some time and did not think for one second he would try to cheat us.

Later on that week I spoke to Mark on the phone again asking about the other breedings and Mark informed me the fourth male turned out to be a female. This meant he had 3.2 hypo motleys het albino and 1.2 double het sunglows. This was unfortunate but Mark had sexed the animals.

A few days later Mark sent me another text message on my cell phone stating he was sold out of hypo motleys het albino and double het sunglows. I called him and asked who had bought them. Mark told me he sent 1.1 hypo motleys het albino to Jeff Ronne because Jeff had been helping him out throughout the year due to his financial problems. Mark told me 1.1 hypo motleys and 1.1 double het sunglows went to Bob Clark. Mark stated he sold the double het sunglows to Bob and traded the hypo motleys het albino for seven visual sharp strain albinos. At this point I wondered to myself why someone with such financial problems would trade away his money making animals.

As the month of June went on I continued to contact Mark by phone and text message asking about the status of our snow female. Mark would just tell me everything looked good.

On June 28th, 2008 at 9:31am I received a text from Mark “dad was the motley!” I replied to Mark asking how many? Mark replied at 9:46am “so far it looks like 9 babies 5 of them r motleys shes still squeeizn but don’t know if shes done or not”. I replied and told him thanks for the update. At 12:34pm I received a text message from Mark stating “also bad news one of the motleys is still born… was a female i put her in a bag and froze it”. I replied and said that sucks. I asked what the total baby count was. Mark replied “same as i said earlier she hasn’t shit anything else out and she acted like she was done but she also looks fat in one spot its weird”. I sent Mark a message that said “4 and 4 with one still born?” again trying to confirm the total amount of babies. Mark replied at 12:51pm “total again was one still born motley 4 motleys and 4 normals9 things total i separated the babies and left mom in the cage just in case she still has someth”. I the asked Mark if there were any pictures of the litter. Mark sent two cell phone pictures at 2:56pm and 2:57pm. I replied telling him thanks. Mark replied at 3:15pm stating “your very welcome. Congrats on your second litter and more outstanding motleys. That male did an awesome job!”

On July 3rd, 2008 at 8:35am, I sent Mark a text message asking for pictures of the litter. I did not receive them.

On July 7th, 2008 at 1032am, I received a picture message from Mark of one of the motley babies. Mark wrote “freshly shed male motley het snow”. I replied and said thanks. I again asked if he was able to get some pictures of the babies to me. I never received a response.

I called Mark on July 7th, 2008 at 10:54am. I asked Mark if he would be able to meet us halfway to exchange the babies and our snow female. Mark informed me he would be unable to do this because he had his kids during the week and he would be at a reptile show in Kansas City on Saturday (07/12/2008) and Sunday (07/13/2008). I then asked Mark to ship them to me. Mark and I agreed he would ship them on an airline Wednesday July 9th, 2008 and they would arrive at Denver International Airport the same day.

On Wednesday July 9th, 2008 at 8:25am, I sent Mark a text message asking for the arrival time of the flight. I did not get a response from Mark. I called Mark at 9:26am and he did not answer. I called again at 11:20am, still no answer. I called again at 1:37pm, still no answer. I called again at 1:50pm, still no answer. At 2:29pm I received a phone call from Mark. Mark told me he was too busy and was unable to book a flight, but he would call Northwest Airlines and book a flight for tomorrow (July 10th, 2008).

On Thursday July 10th, 2008 at 7:33am, I received a text message from Mark stating “hey ray i sexed the litter and its 3.1 dh snows and 2.2 motleys dh snow but one of the male motleys has an issue I need to talk to u about so give me a call”. I called Mark at 7:48am. Mark informed me one of the male motleys het snow had a slight kink in his body. I didn’t really know what to say. I said we would most likely keep him. Mark then asked how we were going to split the litter. I informed Mark that because both of our animals had produced the babies we would take care of him after all of the babies arrive here. I told Mark Dustin and I would look at what we had and figure out what we would give him. Mark agreed and then gave me the flight information. The information is as follows: They would be shipped through Northwest Airlines on July 10th, 2008, on flight 1668 leaving Kansas City at 12:31pm. The flight would land in Minneapolis at 1:56pm. They would board another flight (#563) at 4:50pm and arrive in Denver at 5:52pm on July 10th, 2008. I told Mark I looked forward to seeing the babies.

I left my house for about an hour to go walk my dogs. When I arrived home I looked at my cell phone and noticed a missed call from Mark at 8:45am and at 9:01am. I also received a text message from him at 9:00am. The message stated “hey ray can u call dustin and have a three way call with me. We need to talk about the babies and the split as i feel i should get some as i did the breeding”.

I called Mark at 10:10am. Mark and I got into a very heated argument over the babies. Mark felt because he had bred our animals and they produced babies he was entitled to some of them. I told Mark I would not make a decision as to what he might get from the litter until they were at home with us. This went back and forth for about fourty-five minutes. Mark then told me he was not going to be able to get the animals on a flight today (07/10/2008). I got very angry and told him to ship my animals. Mark continued stated he had invested six months of his time into this breeding. I asked Mark what he though he was entitled to. Mark stated he didn’t think he was entitled to an even split but thought he should get the male motley het snow with a kink in his back as well as two double het snows. I told Mark he was fu*$@*g crazy. I told Mark the animals that produced those babies belong to us and we would decide what he would get out of the litter. After more arguing Mark agreed to ship all of the babies and our snow female either by Northwest Airlines or by Fedex if he could not get another flight.

At 12:05pm, I received a text message from Mark stating “no other flights with nwa so ill overnight with fedex for earliest arrival.” I called Mark at 12:06pm. Mark and I discussed that he would overnight all of the babies and our snow female through Fedex for arrival before 8:00am on Friday, July 11th, 2008. Mark ended the conversation by telling me as soon as he dropped the animals off he would call with the tracking number. I said thanks and then ended the call.

At about 6:30pm my time I had not heard from Mark so I called him. I got no answer.

I called several times from my home phone with the same result, no answer.

I then sent Mark a text message from my wife’s phone at 6:54pm. I stated “ Mark its Ray Bueno. Stop dodging my calls and answer the phone. I want to know why the animals have not been shipped???? Call me!!!” At 6:57pm I received a text message from Mark on my wife’s cell phone. The message stated “fedex airbill 8664105370310200 wow man u need to calm down I just got back from them off”. This was the last contact I had with Mark.

On July 11th, 2008 at 0723am, the Fedex driver arrived at my house. I signed for the package and brought it inside. I opened it to find our snow female. I then looked inside a nike box to find another bag containing the babies. I opened the bag with the babies. There were only two motleys het snow and three double het snows inside.

Mark had stolen two motleys het snow and one double het snow. I immediately tried to call him. No answer. I have since attempted to contact him countless times. As I type this I still have had no contact with Mark. He is dodging me because he knows he has stolen babies from me.

I contacted Sgt R. Gish with the Topeka Police Department. Sgt Gish is familiar with Mark due to may unsatisfied customers who Mark has stolen their money. Sgt Gish asked me to send Mark a certified letter requesting the three animals be produce in a reasonable amount of time. If Mark does not produce the two motleys het snow and the double het snow in a reasonable amount of time charges will be filed. Due to the value of these animals Mark has commited a felony and I will prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law.

At 9:45am I sent a letter overnight stating the animals need to be delivered to us on or before July 21st, 2008 or we would file felony theft charges against him. I truly hope Mark sends our stolen animals to us. If he does not he will leave us with no choice but to pursue charges.

Dustin and I would respectfully request if anyone sees or hears of any 2008 motleys het snow being bought, sold or traded to please contact us as they are ours, and are stolen property.

Thank you,

Ray & Dustin Bueno

Old 07-12-2008, 02:29 AM   #2
KelliH
Quote:
Mark and I came up with very specific breeding contracts for these breeding’s. I have the three of the signed contracts. Mark and I both signed them. I have them if anyone would like to see them.
What were the specific terms of your breeding loan agreement? Perhaps it would be a good idea for you to post copies of the contracts here.

Just about all of the breeding loans I have ever been involved with are split 50/50, with the breeder getting first baby pick. What were the terms of your contract?

Old 07-12-2008, 02:38 AM   #3
raybueno
Kelli,

This is the contract. This contract was for his male motley het albino to my snow female. My motley male was never supposed to be involved.

Breeding Contract

I Ray Bueno, agree to send my female Snow to Mark Miller for the purpose of breeding it to his male Motley 100% het Albino in attempts to have a successful litter of baby boas, for the 2007/2008 season.

I Mark Miller, agree to breed Ray Bueno’s Snow female to my male Motley 100% het Albino to try and make a successful litter of baby boas, for the 2007/2008 season.

If the above breeding is successful, then all babies will be split evenly (50/50) between Ray and Mark, this includes sex ratio and morph ratio evenly divided between the two parties. Any and all unevenly divisible babies will be co-owned for future breeding or for sale, with the profits to be split 50/50 between Ray
and Mark.

__________________________________ DATE_________
Ray Bueno

__________________________________ DATE_________
Mark Miller

Page 1 of 1

Old 07-12-2008, 03:01 AM   #4
KelliH
OK thanks for clarifying. That is a pretty standard breeding loan agreement. I am confused then as to why you feel he stole the snakes from you. You said there were 3.1 dh snows and 2.2 motleys dh snow. Mark sent you two motleys het snow and three double het snows. That is half the litter, actually a bit more than half, isn't it? What were the sexes of the 5 babies?

Maybe I am missing something (would not be the first time that happened here!) but I don't understand why you are saying he stole snakes from you?

Old 07-12-2008, 03:11 AM   #5
boakid
Breeding loans almost always turn out bad as greed can over come some people. Why couldnt you just breed your own animals?

Old 07-12-2008, 03:24 AM   #6
hhmoore
Kelli,
If I understood the first post, Ray felt that Mark was not entitled to the agreed upon split because (Mark was making his own decisions regarding pairings and, in the case of this particular litter,) Mark paired 2 of Ray's animals.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:32 AM   #7
johnmartino
I feel really bad for you guys. I tried to warn people when mark stole $6500 from me in a bad Blood boa deal. Sounds all to familiar to me, empty promises and dodges calls. It is funny how Jeff Ronne always seems to pop up when dealing with Mark? All the animals mark promised me to make right in the deal all wound up at Jeffs house??? Hope things work out for you guys but as far as I am concerned mark is a liar, thief, and class A Scumbag!

Old 07-12-2008, 07:39 AM   #8
KJUN
It looks like this Mark Miller is in KS, correct? Would you please post information about this guy's company name and generalized contact info so that he is not confused with the OTHER Mark Miller(s) out there breeding snakes. I know of at least one other snake breeder with the same name, and he doesn't need to be slurred as an unintentional byproduct.

KJ

Old 07-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #9
John E Dove
Would that be this Mark Miller?
Mark Miller
815 SW 3rd Street.
Topeka, Kansas – USA
1 – 785 – 249 – 0096 – cell.
http://www.locolizards.com/index.htm

Aliases on forums:

(Kingpin – www.kingsnake.com)
(LocoLizard - www.redtailboas.com)
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=69024

Old 07-12-2008, 09:52 AM   #10
raybueno
I would have bred my own animals if I knew he wasn't going to fulfill his end of the breeding loan.

Kelli,

My male motley and my female snow produced these animals. Mark did nothing but put my two animals together. My animals produced the babies therfore they are my babies. Would you do a breeding loan with someone and give them both a male and female and when babires were born you only get half???

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!