Joe Russell From Kansas-BUYER BEWARE!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:52 PM   #1
astaley
Joe Russell From Kansas-BUYER BEWARE!!!!

My wife and I purchased 1. 07 Lesser ball from Joe. He was prompt with e-mails and kept up good communication. He held off shipping a couple of times due to weather, and kept us informed about that also. When the Lesser arrived at 10:10 a.m, I checked him out quickly before I had to get to work. I called my wife and told her everything looked good so far, and she e-mailed Joe to let him know.

When we got home, we took a closer look at his underside and noticed blood around his cloaca, missing scales in the same location, raw skin, a missing spur, and possible scale rot. I noticed several other wounds further up and near the belly, and suspected rat bites. My wife then composed an e-mail to Joe with pictures, and asked him for an explanation. I also called Joe and left a voice mail stating I had some concerns about the animal and would like to speak with him.

By mid afternoon the next day, we hadn’t heard anything at all from Joe. We made an appointment with our exotic animal vet, and my wife sent another e-mail to Joe.

Our vet agreed that these wounds were more than likely rat bites, one quite deep and weeping yellow fluid. She verified the gnawing around his vent, and noticed the missing spur. She also noticed some pink spots on his belly that she said are indicative of blood sepsis due to bursts of bacteria to the blood. We are monitoring him for any further signs of blood infection which can be serious, and are treating his wounds.

The point of this post is that Joe Russell advertised a completely healthy animal; that is what we thought we were purchasing. We received a less than healthy animal and zero customer support after the sale.

Joe,
Prior to contacting you about this animal, before our purchase, I looked you up on this forum. I didn’t find any negative reports, but I did find a post made by you that said, “Its hard to make a good name for yourself as a newbie in this place.”

Situations like this are why it is hard for anybody to try and make themselves a good name.

It is Friday night now. We have still not heard one thing from Joe Russell, but he seems to have had time this week to post other for sale ads on KS.
BUYER BEWARE!!!

Adam Staley

Old 08-22-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
John E Dove
If you would post pics of the injuries, and scanned images or pics of the vet reports it would go a long way toward helping people avoid this guy in the future.
You should also post all the emails you've sent him with headers and send him a link to this thread.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:36 PM   #3
astaley
Thanks John for the suggestions.

Here are a couple of pictures of his wounds. There is no case narrative in the vet bill, but we could probably get one from the doctor when we get back from Daytona this weekend.
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #4
astaley
UPDATE

Antibiotics and a fresh shed have made a great improvement and I believe that he will be just fine.
Also, I have now been in contact with Joe and things have been worked out. Joe has made the effort to make things right, and with the exception of the obvious, this really is a beautiful animal.

Adam Staley
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2008, 10:49 PM   #5
John E Dove
Please explain Joe's effort to make thing right it might go a long way toward taking him off some potential bad guy lists..

Old 08-25-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
johns6068
I have delt with Joe Russel when I purchased a Female Spider off him May of 07. Very nice and great commucation. I even stay in contact with him off and on. I'm not discrediting anyone here and I belive from the pictures your speaking the truth. If I know Joe he will make things right Definetly the snake wasn't as he posted. I'm glad things are turning out for the better though. That is one very nice looking snake.

Good Luck

JOHN

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!