Bad Guy Richard Keehn a.k.a. " Fate X " - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
filenamex5100
Richard Keehn a.k.a. " Fate X "

I really hate to do this but i do feel it is justified. Normally i wouldnt but certain things have forced me to.
Just this last monday, Jun 14, i was shipped a group of dubia roaches from Richard Keehn (screen name here on fauna is Fate X). I paid $36 shipped for 25 adult pairs and 200 or so mixed sized nymphs. He was very good to communicate with me and on time getting the boxed delivered. It was to be held for pickup at my local post office to avoid the high Texas temps we are experiencing currently. All was going well. The package was held at the post office where i picked it up an hour after its arrival there. I got them home where i had their enclosure set up and ready to go with food and water. I opened the box, most were alive and doing fine. i had 13 adult dubias that were DOA. Some of the smaller mixed ones were acting a bit funny. No big deal to me at all. After all, i only paid $36 for a whole box of these insects.
I notified Richard via PM through Fauna. My email to him was very short and simple. I simply told him what the situation was and asked if he had any more adults. His reply to me was a reply assuming that i was requesting that he replace the DOA's. That wasnt my attentions and i pointed that out to him. He of course asked for pictures of the DOA's. I really didnt wanna go through the hassle of dragging out a camera to show proof of some cheap dead insects. After all....i wasnt requesting free replacments.

The problems then start. Rather than answer the questions about possibly selling me more, he elected to start cursing at me. Being a real immature brat. I quickly corrected him as any paying customer should do. i also told him that he was going to recieve appropriate feedback for treating me that way. He said he would ship me more dubias. I told him i didnt want anything from him. (I was pretty pissed at this point).

To make matters worse (in my opinion), he then sent me another reply saying some crap about how his girlfriend just broke up with him and he is in no mood!! I could not believe he just tried to give justification for treating me (a paying customer) with such disrespect. I recently came out of the US Army and i cant tolerate people like this. By the way, i have the actual emails if anyone needs to see them. That is until i delete my inbox and sentbox.

So, after that i try to explain to him that i wasnt asking for replacements. Only giving a heads up that shipping to Texas in this heat should require a few water crystals for the long journey here. Just trying to look out for the well being of the insects for any other potential buyers (and myself until now).

At this point he understands that he made a mistake. He keeps offering to send my $36 back and/or replace the 13 DOA's. I tell him that we can do a partial refund of $15 and we will call it a day! He agrees. That whole time we emailed back and forth for 30 minutes or more. I sit around and wait for a refund, never shows. I email him and ask. He says he will get to it. "If not tonight, tomorrow". Ive been in the business long enough to know that scammers, cons, theifs, etc etc always find some kind of excuse. I dont let it go for more than a day. Ive been played before but not anymore.

I emailed Richard again tonight asking about the refund. To no avail of course. Maybe him and his girlfriend got back together and went on vacation suddenly?? maybe they are being chased through the woods by a gorilla?? Who knows.

This isnt about the money. Come on....$15 or even $36??? This is about Richard not backing his word and avoiding the warning i gave him about the BOI. But mostly i think...when he wrote me back to tell me that his gf broke up with him so he is in no mood.....thats when i really got upset!

My advise to anyone who wants to buy from Richard....maybe go ahead and try it. Just make sure it on a small scale so you dont get taken to bad. He clearly doesnt want to send a refund. The roaches that were alive were fat and healthy...i give him props on that at least! He WAS good at communication and his shipping time was very quick. Just use caution.

To you Richard, im sorry i had to do this to you. I sent you a PM just tonight that gave you until midnight to issue the refund. You failed so i followed through with this thread. i will email the link to you in just a bit via PM. Please listen when i tell you that for any future dealings you have with anyone...address the problems positivly and quickly. DO NOT start cursing at people for ABSOLUTLY NO REASON like you did to me (please dont make me copy and paste that email here for proof) and making excuses about your gf breaking up with you or any of you personal problems. Seperate those issues from your reptile/insect business. If you dont, both your relationship and your pet trade business with suffer. Best of luck to you. A refund at this point is not needed. This thread is permanant and it is only fair that it takes the place of the $15 refund.

Rowdy Kent. Metroplex Serpent Center. Texas.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
It would be best that you post the emails to backup your story, otherwise it's just hearsay.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
It would be best that you post the emails to backup your story, otherwise it's just hearsay.

It's not about him "making" you post the emails, it's about providing substance to your story.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
filenamex5100
here is the majority of the emails between us both. ill have to look in my sentbox for the others as he never replied to them (thats why they were not attached).
EVERYONE reading this...please forgive the foul language involved from Richard. I did not edit these emails at all so they are unmolested in their wordings! the first of the emails below START at the bottom and go up if you wanna read in order. thanks. Rowdy Kent.

Re: dubia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so u gonna charge me $15.00 for 13 doa's? i will send u the 15.00 soon as i sign in paypal if its not 2nite it will show up tomorow.
thasnks for being understanding.
g'nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by filenamex5100
thats a great thing. the first thing you must understand is that most people dont care about your problems. they care about their money and the service they recieve. anyone in this industry would most likely have responded to you in the same way had you sent them a email like you did to me. its very hard for to write something negative in the BOI against someone. as a matter of fact, i think i have only dont it once or twice. the reason is because it sticks with you FOREVER!!! it never goes away and it CANNOT be edited or erased by anyone at anytime. if you issuing a refund, i would get to it sooner than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate X
no i dont want any negatives i wanna be judged positive thats been my hope.

Quote:
Since you can't seem to understand your mistake, refund me $15 for the doa's and we can forget this. Use this a learning curve for your future dealings. I also advice you learn what the boi is. Board of inquiry. It's a special section on this website on the home page where people post their experiences with other people. Trust me, you do not want negatives against you.

Quote:
im not digging nothing deeper.i dont know what the boi is anyhow.look tell me what u want from what i gathered u need 13 tell me wich ones are male/female ratio and i will send them,if u threaten me one more time im gonna send all 36.00 back and sent me emails

Quote:
just keep in mind....once i post on the BOI, it is PERMANENT!! the mods will not modify or remove it for any reason whatso ever. i will put all of out emails on there for everyone to see. im not sure if you realize or not, but almost everyone who has been in the pet trade for any length of time, checks the BOI prior to any purchase, trade, or sell. so that being said, if you wanna jeopordize your future business dealings, dont take any action. OR, you can be a true BOI good guy and fix your mistakes. learn not seperate your "business" from your personal life and most importantly...dont talk that way to someone and then follow up with a email that says "i just broke up with the girlfriend so cut me some slack". thats a sob story and only digs your whole deeper. frankly, that irritated me more than your foul language!!

Quote:
i just broke up with my girlfriend and im in no mood!!! for 13 doa dubia!!!
who do you think u are i been selling dubia for 3 months!!! and no one ever complained xcept u!!!

Quote:
congrats on earning yourself negative feedback on BOI for running your mouth. dont send me anymore roaches. i clearly spoke to soon about your business ethic. do you all the suddent start cursing at your customers for no reason?? i never asked you send me replacements. arizona is alot closer to ohio than texas. it is also no were near as humid as texas. im doubting you sent another order to texas. i dont really think your that bogged down with orders to be shipping all over the place. i could be wrong. im not going to allow you to talk to me in the manner you just did. i will be filing a paypal claim against you as well and contacting the mods on fauna if you keep it up. dont be rude and treat me with respect. i did nothing to ask for that treatment from you. heck...i even asked if i could BUY more. get a grip on your temper.

Quote:
13 eh yea thats me.3-4 acting weird?how the fuck are they acting weird?maybe there mating?or maybe they dont like u?lol.actually i shipped some orders to texas ,tempe arizona and it was hot as a motherfucker and they all did well.from my observations they kill and eat each other and they enjoy it and once they start they usually dont stop ,kinda like how they killtherselves.
i'm just gonna send the 13.
RICHAD KEEHN

Quote:
only 13 actual DOA's. another 3 or 4 are really acting weird. perhaps they are old and nearing the end of their life cycle??? i know a picture is the way to prove any doa's but on such a small price and for the nature of the animal....thats maybe a little out of the normal. i know they can go days without water but you must keep in mind how hot and humid this part of the country is. our daytime temps are in the high 90s....sometime reaching 100+ here latelly. that will speed up dehydration 10X. im sure you know what your doing and im just giving you a heads up in case you ship to texas for anyone else in these temps. if you are sending replacements, please let me know exactly when you are shipping so i can pick up at the post office again. thanks alot for your speedy responce. it speaks volumes for you!! thanks alot. rowdy.
p.s. if you are sending replacements, id like to maybe buy another 5 adult pairs and 100 mixed if you have them. let me know a price.

Quote:
idk i never had any doa b4.and yes a picture is how this works.HOW MANY ADULTS DIED?let me know and i will send rplacment monday.i never ship them with water gel or any water source cuz they dont need if for 3 day.

Quote:
surely you dont expect me to lay out the corpses of dead insect for a photo shoot?? have you checked my feedback?? im an honest guy. your missing one thing....i didnt ask you to send me free roaches. i asked if you had more?? id be intrested in maybe buying more if you could include some water gels or something for along the way. i think the heat combined without a drink, killed them.

Quote:
Quote:
got the dubia a little bit ago at the post office. unfirtunantly, most of the adults were dead. the smaler ones made it quite fine. all of them were extremly thirsty but they made it so far. would you happen to have any more adults?? those were the main reason i bought these guys to begin with.

Quote:
they were sent priority.they should be there wednsday

thats odd that the smaller ones survive and the older ones died.did u take a picture?otherwise i have no way of knowing if they are in fact dead.someone else got theres and they were all alive and well.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
filenamex5100
here are the last emails i sent. i still have not recieved an email from Richard at this point. Rowdy Kent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was forced to leave you a "bad guy" thread on the BOI. sorry man. here is the link. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...034#post982034

Quote:
so u gonna charge me $15.00 for 13 doa's? i will send u the 15.00 soon as i sign in paypal if its not 2nite it will show up tomorow.
g'nite

Quote:
thats a great thing. the first thing you must understand is that most people dont care about your problems. they care about their money and the service they recieve. anyone in this industry would most likely have responded to you in the same way had you sent them a email like you did to me. its very hard for to write something negative in the BOI against someone. as a matter of fact, i think i have only dont it once or twice. the reason is because it sticks with you FOREVER!!! it never goes away and it CANNOT be edited or erased by anyone at anytime. if you issuing a refund, i would get to it sooner than later.

you have until midnight to do what you said you would do. at that point, i am leaving appropriate feedback. negative or positive....your choice.

Quote:
g'nite

Old 06-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #6
filenamex5100
ive never had to START a negetive thread about anyone so i guess i copied the emails wrong. it doesnt show the dates and times. i appologize for that. the emails above took place over a 4 day span.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #7
filenamex5100
sorry about the above langauge use. i guess i should have edited it rather than leave those profane words as is. i hope i havnt affended anyone. deeply sorry.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #8
JudyC
Unfortunately, it's rather common to run across these hobby/businesses being run by people with zero skills at customer service. Doesn't necessarily mean they're bad people....just not good at dealing with people and have little concept of the consequences of small tantrums aimed at their customers.

That being said...a tad more patience on your part might have gotten you exactly what you wanted in the first place. That's your choice though...we're all wired differently and our tolerance levels are certainly not the same.

Just one note though...before you go blasting someone's experience based in your personal knowledge of geography...you might want to get out a map. Arizona is farther away from Ohio than Texas is....and humidity notwithstanding, hot is HOT when it comes to places like Tempe. I grew up in D/FW and lived for many, many years in Arizona.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:24 PM   #9
LauraB
Quote:
arizona is alot closer to ohio than texas
Really? Wow ...

Old 06-18-2010, 06:25 PM   #10
LauraB
LOL Judy - you beat me to it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!