Info Reptiles Express - interesting situation - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #141
chamgirl99471
Shadera.. It's just plain and simple.. they are a top notch group of people... I will stand up for them until there is reason for me not to. They have made it possible for many many people to ship snakes without having to go through the hassels that Fed Ex puts you through. When SYR stopped shipping snakes.. I thought I was SOL because I had just had someone pay for some snakes and I couldn't ship for almost a month.. would have been longer had RE not come around!

Stephanie... It's frustrating to see the same questions come up again and again... I completely agree.. If they don't like the way RE does things then simple go on your marry way...They'll manage without you

Old 08-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #142
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by monitors007 View Post
I am in the process of signing up and just got my "package" of all the guidelines and not holding them responsible for this and that and you do as I say or you will be punished and banned and so forth and so on...blah,blah,blah. I think everyone should reread all the stipulations with this company again before signing anything or agreeing to it cause there is alot of red tape in my eyes and doesnt seem like they will truly stand behind you if something does go arie and you will pretty much be on your own. This is great that Debbie backed you up this time but the company is new and trying to get any and everybody to sign up due to the SYR travisity and the irresponsible shippers that broke the laws and ruined it for all of us that are responsible and law abiding shippers and people in general and we are the ones that are getting punished for it! I say, lets keep an eye and ear out and see exactly what comes about with this new venture, reptiles express, and see exactly how they respond and if they will at all here or elsewhere to show that they are legit and not just a flash in the pan or feather in the wind that will be here for us one minute and gone the next...My opinion only and just want everyone to know that.
Have you by chance read the FedEx waiver?

Old 08-20-2010, 10:56 PM   #143
monitors007
I only stated this due to really wanting a company to take care of us and standing behind and not bailing on us once we start to trust and rely in them, really was upset and felt burned when SYR did what they did and punished everyone instead of the true lawbreakers...Will finish my ap for reptiles express and hope everything that I just read states true and clear and becomes something that we all will back and feel protected and secure usuing it and not worried all the time when we drop our packaes off or picked up by UPS that they will deny them once they reach the hub or send them back or just hold them and not really worrying about the welfare of the reptile inside. Really keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the true company we, the breeders and traders of reptiles all need to help protect us and help fight against the big shippers when a problem arises or when they get a bug up their butts and decide they will no longer let us ship our reptiles anymore even after they say its okay to do again, its pathetic and not cool. Thanks for listening and again, just my opinion.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #144
monitors007
No, I have had to many problems with FED Ex in the past many years ago and swore never to ship with them again or have someone ship to me using them. They lost to many of my packages and were never on time when they were suppose to be...Maybe they got better but really dont want to take that chance again. To many scary chances and almost loss of very expensive reptiles in the past.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #145
deborahbroadus
The members that do use RE are correct about one thing, "If we don't like it, don't use it." That's simple. We can let everyone do as they please. Many people are satisfied with the "status quo," and aren't looking very deeply into the situation.

Debbie said the OWNERS have access to the credit card information. Now, I don't know about any of you, but last I heard the owners hadn't been investigated, cleared or bonded to work with this kind of information. It only takes ONE person having a financial issue for the whole pack of cards to come tumbling down.

You are all correct, it's not a Fauna issue, and heaven forbid that Fauna members use Fauna in the way it's intended to be used "to ask questions, clear up grey/gray areas..and in general act as a "watch dog" over the community.

I wish RE and the rest of you the best of luck. I, knowing how simple it is to get certified by FedEx, will continue to have my information under my own control or under the control of people that have been cleared to handle this kind of information and whom if something goes wrong, I will have my credit card reimbursed without having to post "Bad Guy" threads on the BOI, or having to stress myself with civil lawsuits to try and get my money back....but that's me.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:07 PM   #146
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamgirl99471 View Post
Shadera.. It's just plain and simple.. they are a top notch group of people... I will stand up for them until there is reason for me not to. They have made it possible for many many people to ship snakes without having to go through the hassels that Fed Ex puts you through. When SYR stopped shipping snakes.. I thought I was SOL because I had just had someone pay for some snakes and I couldn't ship for almost a month.. would have been longer had RE not come around!

Stephanie... It's frustrating to see the same questions come up again and again... I completely agree.. If they don't like the way RE does things then simple go on your marry way...They'll manage without you
I wouldn't be giving out labels like "TOP NOTCH" until I had used them for a few years. You have shipped less than 10 boxes with them? I have been using FedEx for years.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #147
chamgirl99471
OK.. I'm sorry Deb... I guess that was a little over the top... They have been very professional in my opinion.. I guess I can take it down a notch... I humbly apoligize for getting frustrated like that (not being sarcastic either)! Lets just say.. they came to my rescue when I was in a bind. I have gotten certified with Fed Ex... and I agree that "Yes" they have been doing this much longer then RE. If there comes a time that RE shows that they are not on the up and up then I will come on here and apoligize to the entire community for standing up for them. They are working hard to make this work and it could end tomorrow for all I know but Debbie has been extremely forthcoming and has been in touch constantly to let me know if there are changes, problems or updates to their site! I have to say that they have been true professionals throughout this discussion though.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #148
dturner100
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I wouldn't be giving out labels like "TOP NOTCH" until I had used them for a few years. You have shipped less than 10 boxes with them? I have been using FedEx for years.
I'm not trying to be rude Deborah, and I respect your status around here but this thread isn't about you.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #149
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by dturner100 View Post
I'm not trying to be rude Deborah, and I respect your status around here but this thread isn't about you.
That was MY opinion, just like Catherine gave HERS when she called them TOP NOTCH.

Status?? That's laughable..I have NO status here.

I didn't make it about me, YOU just did.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:24 AM   #150
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by monitors007 View Post
I am in the process of signing up and just got my "package" of all the guidelines and not holding them responsible for this and that and you do as I say or you will be punished and banned and so forth and so on...blah,blah,blah. I think everyone should reread all the stipulations with this company again before signing anything or agreeing to it cause there is alot of red tape in my eyes and doesnt seem like they will truly stand behind you if something does go arie and you will pretty much be on your own. This is great that Debbie backed you up this time but the company is new and trying to get any and everybody to sign up due to the SYR travisity and the irresponsible shippers that broke the laws and ruined it for all of us that are responsible and law abiding shippers and people in general and we are the ones that are getting punished for it! I say, lets keep an eye and ear out and see exactly what comes about with this new venture, reptiles express, and see exactly how they respond and if they will at all here or elsewhere to show that they are legit and not just a flash in the pan or feather in the wind that will be here for us one minute and gone the next...My opinion only and just want everyone to know that.
There was alot of red tape and a nice packet of paperwork that came with my FedEx certs... whats your point? Even with me shipping on MY FedEx account if something happens... Im on my own. Thus the wavier I HAD to sign to ship Live harmless reptiles.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!