Info Reptiles Express - interesting situation - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #51
detretic
Lucille your always quick to pull the trigger... wait till tomorrow and let RE handle it.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:24 PM   #52
Armbars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah Stewart View Post
Any chance that the employee was confused (wouldn't be a first ) and was thinking about SYR instead of Reptiles Express?

After all SYR had a pilot program and it didn't work out?
QFT

Old 08-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #53
tomb9712
I have shipped several times with reptilesexpress and had zero issues. I actually asked at 3 different UPS hubs the one in the Bronx NY, Elmsford NY and in South Norwalk Ct all 3 confirmed shipping reptiles is allowed with certain conditions and a waiver. The box must be clearly marked as containing reptiles and it must be on reptilesexpress account as they hold a special waiver. One of them can't remember which now had said they had just gotten a memo from corporate about reptile shipping a few days prior. I doubt a UPS hub employee would lie as he could have just as easily told me no I won't ship the package. Every reptile I ship has a label on 2 or more sides of the box that say clearly "LIVE HARMLESS REPTILE" so there was no mystery as to what I was shipping. Tom Barone tom@rarepythons.com

Old 08-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #54
coldbloodedcages
I think this thing is blown very out of proportion. That facts are: this is what happened to one customer at one hub with only one snake shipment. The hub DID take the snake for shipment and it was delivered on time and everything was ok. Why did the hub take a snake after they told the shipper they dont take snakes? The fact is they took the snake! Not something they would do if RE does not have a waiver! RE has been open and honest about everything. We have a waiver, we have posted it on this and other forums. It is given to all approved RE members and included with every label that is purchased at RE.com. We have hundreds of customers shipping snakes without problems. Until we talk to the UPS employee that made the statements we dont have anything to go on. The waiver given to our customers has the directors name and position with UPS and all of our Reps info. We also require that you label the box correctly and follow our TOS. Why would we have you label your shipment on the outside of the box with the type of snake or lizard? Why would we give you a copy of our waiver and tell you to show it to your drop off point including UPS Hubs? The things we are asking you to do would not be very smart on our part if UPS did not allow us to ship a snake. We will get our UPS reps involved in the morning and have them contact that hub for more info.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:10 AM   #55
Miss Tuniwha
I do not think it is unfair for people to be this concerned.. while it is true that this particular animal made it safely.. we do not know what goes on behind closed doors.. WE do not know the details behind the legitimacy of the waiver, and you cannot expect people to just say.. "oh, well he said it is so.. so it must be true" These are our animals, our money, and our time going into these packages.. we will be concerned..

people are very frustrated with the fact that we have yet to find a flawless shipping method.. whether due to idiot employees at fed ex/ups that don't care about the living animal, or because of unclear ties between companies, etc.. We want things to work, with certainty .. so when a flag goes up like this.. you best be sure people are going look for some clarification.

We will be here.. waiting for that..

Old 08-13-2010, 12:11 AM   #56
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticEmporium View Post
She says that Reptiles Express had a temporary pilot program that allowed them to ship animals but that it didn't work out..
Sounds to me she confused REPTILESexpress with SYR.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:19 AM   #57
TheVipersHouse
Well wether it be sideline deals with UPS or some idiots employees at fedex not caring ,

this is why i said to hell with it and jumped thru the hoops to become fedex certified , because i dont have to deal with crap from UPS like this at all .. i make a package , i ship a package , and i get no hassles whatsoever from fedex employees or hubs ..

save yourself the headaches and get certified with Fed-Ex ..less headaches ..
JMO!!

Old 08-13-2010, 12:19 AM   #58
debbieprice
Lucille ,
Are you an approved members of ReptilesExpress ? I am not an owner I am an employee(Customer Service) I only email copy's of our waiver to members, per owners instructions, due to the fact someone may use it for fraudulent purposes If you want to apply I will be more than happy to email it to you . All our members have excess to it as well as our terms of agreement.We would love to have you as a member.
debbie@reptilesexpress

Old 08-13-2010, 12:21 AM   #59
coldbloodedcages
RE is very concerned with all of our customers and there animals. I ship my animals with RE. We make all of our own shipping supplies so we can control the quality and maintain the standards UPS and FEDEX require. Look at all of the positive feedback we have received from our actual members using our service. We will look into this problem and have it corrected. As of right now we only know that a UPS hub told our customer RE is in trouble and not allowed to ship reptiles. Then took his snake and shipped it to the destination with out problems.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:41 AM   #60
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbloodedcages View Post
I think this thing is blown very out of proportion. That facts are: this is what happened to one customer at one hub with only one snake shipment. The hub DID take the snake for shipment and it was delivered on time and everything was ok. Why did the hub take a snake after they told the shipper they dont take snakes? The fact is they took the snake! Not something they would do if RE does not have a waiver! RE has been open and honest about everything. We have a waiver, we have posted it on this and other forums. It is given to all approved RE members and included with every label that is purchased at RE.com. We have hundreds of customers shipping snakes without problems. Until we talk to the UPS employee that made the statements we dont have anything to go on. The waiver given to our customers has the directors name and position with UPS and all of our Reps info. We also require that you label the box correctly and follow our TOS. Why would we have you label your shipment on the outside of the box with the type of snake or lizard? Why would we give you a copy of our waiver and tell you to show it to your drop off point including UPS Hubs? The things we are asking you to do would not be very smart on our part if UPS did not allow us to ship a snake. We will get our UPS reps involved in the morning and have them contact that hub for more info.
I will give them this....

This is actually more than the other company was doing. Im not going to say that ya'll aren't on the up and up... it seems like you are. I just hope you can understand some of our concerns when it involves UPS. Those concerns come from experience and UPS's unwillingness to give the average joe a waiver.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!