Info Reptiles Express - interesting situation - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:57 AM   #61
ExoticEmporium
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbloodedcages View Post
As of right now we only know that a UPS hub told our customer RE is in trouble and not allowed to ship reptiles. Then took his snake and shipped it to the destination with out problems.
Just to be clear: They shipped my snake and THEN told me that RE wasn't allowed to ship. Not the other way around.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:23 AM   #62
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieprice View Post
we have only been in business about 1-1/2 months.
I understand that your business is new. However, if a valid waiver exists, UPS should know about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieprice View Post
I only email copy's of our waiver to members, per owners instructions, due to the fact someone may use it for fraudulent purposes If you want to apply I will be more than happy to email it to you .
Debbie,

Did you not see that the waiver is on post 40?
It is not signed. If it is indeed a genuine document, I'm sure that UPS will validate it per my request to them.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:28 AM   #63
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Debbie,

Did you not see that the waiver is on post 40?
It is not signed. If it is indeed a genuine document, I'm sure that UPS will validate it per my request to them.
Lucille -

The signed version is available if you are a member. I just printed it out and it does indeed have a signature. I fully understand why RE won't post the signature or a screenshot of the full waiver on a public forum. Anyone could print it out, print a UPS label out without using RE and then claim they are verified to ship snakes/reptiles with UPS. I think RE will get this cleared up as soon as they are able. I have a feeling the UPS hub has RE confused with SYR.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:32 AM   #64
full_metal97
Lucille - why are you so rude? The way you act I don't understand why anyone would ever want to do business with you. Give it a break!

Old 08-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #65
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by full_metal97 View Post
Lucille - why are you so rude? The way you act I don't understand why anyone would ever want to do business with you. Give it a break!
I just slapped you for this post. You are being polite by calling Lucille rude?

Personally, I find nothing "rude" in Lucille's posts, I find her to be direct and sometimes blunt, but never rude.

Rude is a negative attitude or character trait to have; however, directness and bluntness can be refreshing and honest.

Now back on topic....

After reading all the posts and thinking about it last night. I have (personally) come to the conclusion that more evidence would be needed to "suspect" RE of attempting to create the same kind of filmsy structure that SYR seems to have done.

The fact that RE does give the document to their members seems to point at the existence of a valid contract as any of the members are able at their initiative to follow up and verify the validity of the signatures and shipping contract existence.

I am on the same page as Abby, it was probably a mix up.

Still, just to be on the safe side, I would encourage everyone to have their own shipping procedure/account set up it's always good to have back up if anything goes south with RE.

I wish them luck!

Old 08-13-2010, 10:17 AM   #66
Python Dreams
I dont post much, but I thought the same thing as full-metal. Lucille seems to be "direct and blunt" to the point of rude! To a company that has come here and answered questions and has had exactly how long to get to a handle on this situation? Has let everyone know they will be getting to the bottom of this... Has explained why they dont post the sig on an open forum...
Rude seems to fit perfect.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #67
Ameivaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python Dreams View Post
I dont post much, but I thought the same thing as full-metal. Lucille seems to be "direct and blunt" to the point of rude! To a company that has come here and answered questions and has had exactly how long to get to a handle on this situation? Has let everyone know they will be getting to the bottom of this... Has explained why they dont post the sig on an open forum...
Rude or blunt- doesn't matter. She's on point!

Old 08-13-2010, 10:47 AM   #68
ExoticEmporium
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
After reading all the posts and thinking about it last night. I have (personally) come to the conclusion that more evidence would be needed to "suspect" RE of attempting to create the same kind of filmsy structure that SYR seems to have done.

The fact that RE does give the document to their members seems to point at the existence of a valid contract as any of the members are able at their initiative to follow up and verify the validity of the signatures and shipping contract existence.

I am on the same page as Abby, it was probably a mix up.
I feel the same way. RE has been incredibly professional with their approach to shipping through UPS and dealing with their customers. In my personal experience, UPS has NOT been very professional and has seemed to be rather schizophrenic in their positions. In a situation like this I'm inclined to side with the people that have presented themselves professionally and haven't jumped around on what is/isn't ok - in this case those pros are definitely RE.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this was a mix up on UPS's part.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #69
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python Dreams View Post

Everyone has a different way of posting. It is nearly impossible to read a person's intentions from a quick post in a thread. We all have various ways of posting and as you get to know the people involved you will probably get a better handle on their personalities.

We also all have a right to have an opinion on a member's post. My point was...there are ways to express that opinion. Coming and calling names is not that way. THAT'S why he got slapped, and I went ahead and told him so in case he wanted to whine about it later.

I am sure that RE has a business entity has not taken offense at Lucille's directness, and attempt to get clear and concise answers to her questions. They should have experience by now fielding and answering such questions put in exactly that way. However, members having a thin skin on "someone else's" behalf isn't going to benefit anyone.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #70
TripleMoonsExotic
Deborah, stating someone is rude is not "name calling." That's just petty that you "slapped" someone with negative karma over that. It is very rude when someone keeps demanding the official waiver when it's clearly explained on their website and in this thread who gets it and why it's handled in the manner it is. I don't give my son his way when he rolls around screaming on the ground either.

REPTILESexpress clearly has a policy in place that requires you be a verified member to have the official copy of their UPS waiver. It's meant to protect the waiver. How do any of you know if it's not a UPS requirement per their business contract? If you don't like how they're running things, simply don't use their service.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!