Info Reptiles Express - interesting situation - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #81
StormyWilde
I'm often more of a lurker here than a poster but I do have to agree with the reasons for them to not post the whole pdf or jpeg scan of the waiver. They are protecting their business by making sure the only people they give it to are registered customers. As we saw with SYR (whether that was a legitimate shipping company or not I dont know) all it takes is one person to ship one thing wrong to mess it up for everyone else.
Humans often want answers now, right then and there, and dont want to wait for them. In this case that just wont happen. It is going to take a lot of phone calls to find out where the ball was dropped and people need to give the owners and workers of RE a chance to do this without them having to come to the thread to put out fires.
As we have seen in the past with any thread regarding RE they post information as soon as they have it in their hands. How many businesses can you say do that? Not many.
People also need to remember UPS is a huge world wide corporation. And word takes time to trickle down the food chain of that corporation. Not to mention all the individual stores. Change doesnt happen over night and I think to many are forgetting this.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #82
Melinda
[quote]We've seen time and time again how one hand of that company has no idea what the other hand is doing. And we're talking about hundreds of hands (hubs) here. "UPS" isn't an individual that should be or could be aware of anything at all. It's a disjointed, dysfunctional corporation that can't keep it's own rules straight.
[quote]

Bingo!! I recently had a problem with a UPS store charging my customer an inconvenience fee of $20 for receiving a live animal shipment. This fee was charged after my customer was "reamed" by the store employee. Now keep in mind this was not a hub and not a UPS employee. These kinds of places simply ship for UPS and do not know all the rules. It is going to be a long road to get everyone involved in shipping and receiving live animal shipments on the same page. We need to give it time for word to spread from corporate down to counter service personal. It's not going to ever be perfect there are always going to people at the counter that have no idea of the new rules. But we must remain civil and allow RE to take care of any issue that pops up.

And Debbie at RE was top notch at taking care of the $20 inconvenience fee.

This is not only a UPS problem. A few years ago I was picking up snakes at a Fed Ex hub because they x-rayed the package and "knew what is in there" so they called me and would not deliver. I was told they do not ship snakes. Well, I pulled out my trusty waiver and asked them to put a copy on hold. After the manager read it, copied it and put a copy on hold, they released my package. The counter girl who was involved the whole time says again "we do not ship snakes" I waived my waiver in her face and said "this says you do".

Courtesy will go a long way in this. My local UPS store was hesitant when they found out I ship live snakes. They said they didn't know snakes could be shipped UPS. When I explained only approved people with waiver, they had no problem with it. Now they want to see every snake I receive. Even the guy that is terrified of snakes wants to see. So this gives me a small opportunity to teach some people a little about whatever is in the box. And hopefully teach the fearfull ones, that in general the snakes aren't going to hunt them down and eat them. Even the UPS driver was in on the last viewing.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:23 PM   #83
full_metal97
It was rude. You can have your opinion, but apparently everyone can have one, but me?

RE was incredibly professional when I signed up for an account. I have not used them yet, but as helpful as they were when I signed up I have no concerns that shipping with them won't go smoothly.

Demanding something that has been stated it only available to members and then demanding again and again is something a 4 year old would do. RE doesn't even have to respond to her should they so chose, but they have done so rather politely.

Slap me? That sounds professional. Run along.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #84
rjarosek
Anyone see this. SYR claims no one can ship snakes through a third party using UPS>
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #85
TripleMoonsExotic
I already forwarded that to Brendan.

That's third-party information though, just SYR saying whatever and expecting everyone to take their word for it. I have the exemption from UPS with the sig of the Director of Dangerous Goods in front of me. What does SYR have to show us?

Old 08-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #86
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
I already forwarded that to Brendan.

That's third-party information though, just SYR saying whatever and expecting everyone to take their word for it. I have the exemption from UPS with the sig of the Director of Dangerous Goods in front of me. What does SYR have to show us?
I agree with you but to be honest I am not ready to let anyone off the hook yet. Not untl there is some kind of definitive proof. You really should be able to call someone and verify.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #87
herpguy311
I also forwarded the email on to RE. And just a side note, I am very pleased using their services so far. I have had one issue out of several shipments, and Debbie was able to clear it up and get the package moving again

Old 08-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #88
rjarosek
I would love to see the official responce SYR recived

Old 08-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #89
tomb9712
Why should we believe a competitor? Where is the proof? It's all F.U.D. until proven otherwise.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #90
Shadera
Either there's some ugly stuff going on, or SYR is being a bit bitter and vindictive.

I got the email as well, and am interested in how RE will respond. I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!