WE HAVE BABIES!!! Born in New Years morning - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-01-2005, 11:08 AM   #1
DavidButton
WE HAVE BABIES!!! Born in New Years morning

I knew she was about to have her babies last night since she was holding her tail up off and on for hours. But alas I ran out of steam around 4am and fell asleep watching tv. But when I got up at 9 I found BABIES! They look to all be healthy and alive. Only 1 slug out of the bunch and no still births as of yet. Nice and plump and their yolks are gone so they are full term. What a great thing to wake up to in the morning. ANd as for the mother, she is fine and even though she did move towards her babies to check out what I was doing, she made no moves to strike at me and let me rub her head like I do 2 or 3 times each day since she has been pregnant. ANyhow, here are the first pictures. There is even one of me rubbing mommy's head.

David
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2005, 11:10 AM   #2
DavidButton
And the one of me rubing moms head. She is such a good girl.
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2005, 11:16 AM   #3
hill4803
Lucky Duck!

For most people who wake up having to clean up a mess on New Year's day, its because someone had a little "too much cheer"! I would love to have to clean up the mess from those cuties...they look great! Congratulations.

Old 01-01-2005, 11:24 AM   #4
Mike Greathouse
What a great way to start the new year - congratulations, you've got some real beauties there.

Old 01-01-2005, 11:40 AM   #5
MR_Jungle_Mist
David....I'd like to know if I can have a better picture of this one here and if I could purchase when time comes. Thanks.
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2005, 11:47 AM   #6
MR_Jungle_Mist

I'm just kidding, man. Congrats on the new arrivals. Post more pictures as they clean up! :-)

Speaking of cleaning up.....have fun with that as well!

Old 01-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #7
starwarsdad
What a great way to start the new year! Congratulations!

Do you have a count on how many there are yet?

Old 01-01-2005, 12:35 PM   #8
DavidButton
Yea, I will save that one for you for sure. LOL! My best head count so far puts them at around 25 live births/0 still births/1 slug. No stripers as I have seen yet, so mom's stripe may not be genetic, but there are some real pink babies that surely take after dad. All appear to be healthy and mom is watching over them carefully now and moving the ones that are still in their birth sacks around to get them active. Funny thing is that she won't let them get past her into the other parts of the cage yet. She shakes her head at them and nudges them (not to gently either) back into the pile. I will leave them with her for until they have all come ut of the birth sacks and them move them to a large tub.

David

Old 01-01-2005, 03:47 PM   #9
BryonsBoas
Too sweet , CONGRATS man. Beautiful way to start a year. Reckon if anyone asks you couldn't forget their birthdate.

Old 01-01-2005, 06:37 PM   #10
DavidButton
The final count is 28 live babies, 1 slug and no still births. Not too bad for her first clutch. They have been moved to a nursery tub and mom, although she watched me closely, never struck at me or showed any aggression. Thank god!

David

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!