Super hypo for $1200 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-05-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
OrganicBoas
Super hypo for $1200

Hey all, I just today got this dominant hypo. Jeff Gee line orange tail. I paid $1200. The guy said it was a good deal. I just want to make sure I've been given a fair shake. Here are some pictures of him. What do you think??

thanks for your time...

Old 01-05-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
Art Klass
Damian, That is a smokin boa!! Congrats. I'd be proud of him too. Art

Old 01-05-2006, 08:20 PM   #3
Junkyard
I know Jeff from a purchase and talking to him personally at a show. That is a boa he would be proud of. Good job picking that one out.

Old 01-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
OrganicBoas
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm glad you like him. His temperment is awesome. Even as a little guy he's all mellow. I think he might be a hippie.

I'm not really up on the market values of nice looking supers, and one guy said $1200 was a little high, so I wanted to double check some other folks' opinions. So do you all think I got my money's worth?

Old 01-05-2006, 09:14 PM   #5
Art Klass
It does seem a little high, but I think you definately got what you paid for! Good job.

Old 01-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #6
hhmoore
the price really isn't far off. people are selling possible supers (heck, even just really nice hypos) for about $700. Did you get any kind of paperwork or genetics guarantee?

Old 01-05-2006, 10:15 PM   #7
OrganicBoas
Hey...thanks again for the replies. He came with a signed receipt that says guaranteed to be dominant hypo. He was cherry picked by and purchased from Ed Lilley (Constrictors NW) who I hear is a good guy. Also, he was purchased through paypal with a note in the payment stating the payment was for a guaranteed to be super hypo male boa. So I'm pretty sure I'm good on that end. Just didn't want to be paying way above market value. A hundred or so here or there...no big deal...but more than that would bother me. But if I did, it's actually probably my own fault for not researching it further. Any other opinions appreciated... Thanks!

- Damian

Old 01-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #8
Griz
I am curious as to how anyone can guarantee him to be a super at that age. Beautiful animal but there is no way someone can be 100 percent certain he's a super until you prove him out. He should have been sold as probable/possible super.

Griz

Old 01-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #9
OrganicBoas
I do see your point. He does have the traits of a dominant hypo though. So I'm going to trust that it is. I see possible and probable super salmons and most have way more black in their tails.

He was originally asking $1350 and his hogg and silverback prices seemed to me quite fair, so I figured this guy was at a fair price too. I'd like to believe that I didn't get ripped off laughin, so it's a subjective statement.

Knowing that he's more than likely dominant should pay itself off 10 fold... But, that's assuming I breed him and he has viable babies. Still don't like paying more than he's worth which is why I asked. Sounds like some think I overpaid a little bit. Others think he's great and worth the price. Anyone else? I appreciate everyone's opinion... Hope to find him a mate to grow up with.

- Damian

Old 01-06-2006, 12:09 AM   #10
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchoven
I am curious as to how anyone can guarantee him to be a super at that age. Beautiful animal but there is no way someone can be 100 percent certain he's a super until you prove him out. He should have been sold as probable/possible super.

Griz
That's exactly the reason that I asked about the genetics guarantee. Unless it is the product of a super x super breeding, there is no way to be sure until proven by breeding

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!