info. on respitory infections...... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-05-2005, 01:05 AM   #11
DiabloBoa
where did you get your antibiotics and how\where do you give the shot ive always been curious of it but took mine to the vet

Old 05-16-2005, 01:17 AM   #12
The BoidSmith
I've always been a fan of Tylosin (Tylan). It is sold over the counter (it's in the fridge!) on any good store that sells farm products (Runnings, etc.). Snakes respond very well to it after 5 days of dosing (once a day). Besides, the cost is not prohibitive. As stated by others, make sure you correct any environmental problems first. Moisture, temperature and absolute cleanliness are a must.

Regards.

Old 05-16-2005, 01:25 AM   #13
DiabloBoa
right on i was wondering if someone was gonna post what kind and where to get the antibiotics thanks Dan

Old 05-16-2005, 08:12 AM   #14
The BoidSmith
No problem. Just let me know if when the time comes you need help with dosage and or calculating dilutions. It is administered SC so it’s very easy. You will need a small needle and syringe; the ones used for insulin work the best. You might need to buy them from a vet or online?

Take care,

Old 05-23-2005, 11:35 PM   #15
BryonsBoas
I love Tylan

It works great for a number of things. I've used it for upper resp infections to belly rot on a bp I adopted. I normally dose every 3 days for 6 weeks. Some upper resp infections ccan be caused by microbials ( sp? ) which from what I understand don't react to normal meds.

I crank my hot end to 95 , replace the normal water bowl with a smaller one and drop the humidity a bit. Dosing with the tylan has sped up recovery time and for $10 a bottle ( price here ) you can't beat it .

Old 05-24-2005, 12:06 AM   #16
The BoidSmith
Quote:
I crank my hot end to 95 , replace the normal water bowl with a smaller one and drop the humidity a bit. Dosing with the tylan has sped up recovery time and for $10 a bottle ( price here ) you can't beat it .
Not to mention that a bottle with the dilution you have to use will last you for a long time (kept in the refrigerator).

Regards.

Old 05-24-2005, 01:00 AM   #17
BryonsBoas
Oh yeah

Lasts for quite some time. I get Tylan 50 here , still looking fot Tylan 200 and it'll last longer.

Old 05-24-2005, 08:43 AM   #18
The BoidSmith
Bryon,

My concern with the 200 is that it will take too long to go through a whole bottle. I don't remember on top of my head the expiration date on the bottle. One way or the other you can't beat the price/results, even if you have to throw away what's left unused after treating just one animal. Undoubtedly the T-200 would have the advantage of having to inject ¼ of the volume of the T-50 to achieve a similar dose.

Regards

Old 05-24-2005, 10:25 AM   #19
Mike Greathouse
I've been using Tylan for a few years now - wonderful stuff.

Here are a couple on-line supply houses that carry it.

KV Vet Supply

Valley Vet

Old 05-24-2005, 06:20 PM   #20
The BoidSmith
Those sites are useful Mike, and in the first one there’s your T-200 Bryon!

Regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!