How to become a paid member on this site... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:11 AM   #11
Lizzy65
Thank you!

Old 11-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #12
shanemader
I love this website but this is one of the most difficult to navigate websites EVER!
I understand how to become a paid member but what are the differences between the 3 selections? I just want to be able to "bump and Highlight" Some kind of description would help.
It took me 2 hours to put up my first ad a few years ago. You have to search all over to post and then it's called a "thread". How about a "POST YOUR AD" button?
I don't build websites so it's a little tricky for people like me.
Thanks

Old 11-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #13
Fangthane
This thread lists all available membership upgrades and their included perks:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=64541

Old 11-20-2012, 01:28 AM   #14
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemader View Post
I love this website but this is one of the most difficult to navigate websites EVER!
Compared to what?

Old 01-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #15
Beardie
I havent been on here since 3-22-11 and saw where things have changed... a lot.

It IS far more difficult to find out where to sign up for a membership AND what it means. I did the userCP and went to paid subscriptions but there is no link to what they mean or what you get with one. After spending 20 minutes of searching for membership info (and trying to find the classifieds) I finally found this thread and where you posted the link to what a membership includes depending on what you pay. Thank you for that. I am renewing after I finish this post.

I know you will do what is best for this site but might I make a suggestion? On your control bar can you make it more user friendly? Remove "New posts", "Calender" and "member lists" and replace with the following.

1)"Become a member"
This would show what membership includes and what it costs and how to register etc. Member lists can then be listed here as available to other members.

2)"Classifieds"
This can have sub categories for "For sale" and "wanted"

3)"Threads"
This can be broke down to show Events, discussions on certain reptiles, "Good guy bad guy" etc.

I may be wrong but I think for newbies considering this site they can at a glance see what they want the most, (the three above mentioned items) what they have access too, what it costs and how to join at a glance. I see those three things as what new members will be looking for and if they dont see it when they "try" to access the site they will just leave.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #16
AbsoluteApril
btw, welcome back

speaking to this part -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardie View Post
It IS far more difficult to find out where to sign up for a membership AND what it means. I did the userCP and went to paid subscriptions but there is no link to what they mean or what you get with one.
I understand it is easy to miss, you aren't the first to mention it, but the link is there on the paid subscriptions page:
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #17
Beardie
This is what is seen when you go to the link to paid memberships:

Membership Level Options
Membership Level Options
Please check this thread for a table of all options available for the various levels of members -> Paid Membership Table
Also, please see the drop down Cost menu to the right of each respective option for pricing. THIS line is only a category heading and NOT a paid membership option!

I know to go to paid memberships but newbies do not PLUS it would help if the Paid membership table was highlighted (why I missed it at first)so it indicates there is a link to it by clicking on it. When your not a member all you see is the control bar so you really don't know what the site has to offer which is a great deal. Just trying to think of a way to make it easier to get new people to sign up and join.

Oh .. and thank you AbsoluteApril.. Im glad to be back.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!