Info courtney vandenbroek and/or Stacy Habeck - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2011, 04:07 AM   #11
hhmoore
Apparently, you are missing my point - perhaps I didn't explain it well enough, but I'm going to pick up with your last post and tie in some things. (Sorry, but starting the thread doesn't mean your side of things is perfect, or won't be addressed).
You got paid. Check.
You were asked to ship to Stacy. Check.
You advised Stacy that this wasn't acceptable, and why. Check.
Stacy said it was okay to ship to Courtney. Check

Everything so far seems fairly reasonable....but there is no indication that you discussed with Courtney that you would be shipping to her. Did you simply assume it was acceptable because she paid (or because Stacy agreed to your policy)?
I guess I can understand why you might, especially given some of your statements; but it seems odd that you would ship snakes to a person that might be unaware, unavailable, or unwilling to receive them. Perhaps you did communicate with her prior to telling her that you had dropped the snakes off, but chose not to reveal that - I don't really care, to be honest. I'm not trying to turn this on you, your part is your part. You can be content with how you do things, or consider how you might do them better.

As far as Courtney's response, on one hand, I agree with your assessment (based on the fragmented information you have provided). It does have a bad feel, and there might be good reason for concern. Or, she could have been reacting to last minute information that was unacceptable to her. Much as I hate to admit it, I have chosen to take a hard line and cancel a transaction in the face of a change that was unacceptable to me (but pushed by a seller); so, while I may not agree with some parts of her described reaction, I can also understand some of it.

I would love to hear the other side of this....unfortunately, it sounds unlikely that Courtney is a member. Would you be willing to provide Stacy's username, or to direct her to this thread?