Fifth Pairing (2014 Season) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-27-2014, 10:04 PM   #1
Snakesitter
Fifth Pairing (2014 Season)

Last week Living Gems profiled the Franklin-Jadeite pairing, which should produce some strong golden to mid oranges this year.

This week, we are profiling the Scarface-Onyx pairing.

Scarface
Scarface is a July 2008 male with strong orange color. Now six years old, this is his second year at bat for LGR (he sired a litter of 20 with Almandine last year).

Below is a picture of him as a baby at three months -- poor coloring (due solely to poor lighting), but a wonderful personality shot:

And here a picture of him at his most recent annual photo session, aged five years:

Scarface currently weighs 2001 grams.

Onyx
Onyx is a May 2008 female with vibrant orange color (though a bit reduced, due to the odd color fade some breeding females go through). Now six years old, this is her second attempt at bat.

Below is a picture of her as a baby at 11 months – the earliest decent shot I have of her:

And here a picture of her at her most recent annual photo session, aged six years:

Onyx currently weighs a solid 2313 grams.

Activity
Disappointingly, I have observed little interaction between Scarface and Onyx this year -- though Onyx did her duty and laid out a row of enticing (?) urates, and Scarface left a sperm plug. However, I may well have missed the action (and Scarface is a proven male), so still have hope. Onyx last shed on June 29. If all goes well, we may have some amazingly vivid oranges toward the end of this year.

As always, thank you for reading.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:14 AM   #2
Reptile Frenzy
Sweet Cliff! Hope that girl goes for ya! Only time will tell bud.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:57 AM   #3
EmeraldBoid
I feel like November is when the magic really happens, in my area at least, good luck.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #4
Snakesitter
Time?!? How long will that take? ;-) (Thanks for the well wishes!)

Old 09-01-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
Snakesitter
I will take magic in November!...or any other month ending in r, y, h, l, e, or t. ;-) Thank you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!