Getting it off my chest - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-14-2003, 09:43 AM   #1
Dragondad
Getting it off my chest

This doesnt belong on the BOI and maybe its only me and my personality but have some observations after attending the Tinley Park show.

On the BOI there is a thread pertaining to the ethics of dealers and breeders. And I whole heartedly agree with the fact that ethics seem to have gone by the wayside or at least been sacrificed in the quest for the almighty dollar. My point is this you can have all the ethics in the world concerning the transaction, but if you treat your customers like crap or with a crappy attitude your ethics mean nothing.

I, as a point of interest watch people, at the show stand a little ways off and watch how a vendor treats people at the table. Go to the table and see how they respond to me. For the most part I was impressed with the vendors there. I can see how the big names got to be big(and it is more than just the anmals), they go out of their way to inform educate, talk to you, make of your kids. They are professional in their dealings whether your a looker or a buyer.

For others my observations were as follows. The vendors that treat my kid or any other kid like a plague(and I will admit that some kids are probably related to the plague), vendors, rather than trying to educate a customer getting into a fight with the customer ( this was an arguement as to why this normal looking snake (100% het) is priced way above the normal at the table around the corner, in this case the vendor didnt even try just started in. The worst in my mind is being ignored. When I approach a table I am the customer, if a vendor doesnt want to talk to me then guess what I dont want to buy from you. (and before someone says vendors are busy I will say I understand but when people are sitting on their a** and the the customers have to ask before they get up there is a problem.

Someone on the ethics thread mentioned having informed customers. Well I wont even pretend to know everything not even about the animals I am interested in. I would have to believe that even the most experience herper learns new things.
But the informed customer comes from the dealer and breeders taking the time to educate and that could be to the adult who is new to the hobby or to the child that is starting out.

Its the newbies that are the future and that newbie maybe only buying a $30 snake or dragon or tortise today. But tomorrow they will be the ones to invest in the $1000 hets, $2500 for the albino. For me if you can't treat me right when I purchase $50 from you why in gods name would I spend more. Or if you dont want to impress me with your customer service in person you can bet I wont be bookmarking your web site.

As mentioned before for the most part I was impressed with the show. And outside of one individual who I know frequents this site I have nothing against any of the fauna cult members that had tables and was more than impressed with your customer service and your animals.

This was more me just letting off steam

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!